• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2007 Daylight Savings Time

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The dates have been changed starting in 2007.

Anyone have an idea of what will automatically correct itself and what won't?

jwstewar

There is a "patch" from Microsoft. Hate to call it a patch - patch implies something is broke. The software didn't break, they changed the rules of the game. This update doesn't come down through automatic updates. You have to manually go out and add it through Windows updates. They are not issueing an update for Windows 2000 or ME or less. There is an item you can download (or it is also in the Resource Manager) from them called TZEdit and it will allow you to change the Time Zone rules.

Some of the older Sun Java Virtual Machines have their own DST rules built into them. Don't know what happens, but I've heard once the Microsoft update is on the JVM "breaks." Update to one of the later JVMs and you should be OK.

I also know IBM is issueing patches for a few versions of DB2, Content Manager, and their Webshere products.

Those are the ones I'm aware of right now.

Eric L

Site Supporter
I'm not sure DST is a good idea in the first place, and now they make it more confusing?

"For the U.S. and its territories, Daylight Saving Time is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Arizona. The Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, even in Arizona, due to its large size and location in three states."