Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > Snowcat History, Articles, Manuals, Brochures & Recollections Forum

Snowcat History, Articles, Manuals, Brochures & Recollections Forum Publications, specifications, production information for snow cats

Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Melensdad will become famous soon enoughMelensdad will become famous soon enough
Default Snow Bird track conversion for cars!?!

I stumbled across this on eBay, and at $35 it is more than I am willing to pay, but if one of you buys this, I'd love to post a scan of it on the ForumsForums! It says the brochure is 8 pages, but you can only see 4 in this image, and unfortunately can't read much of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1940-SNOW-BIRD-T...QQcmdZViewItem

ORIGINAL & VERY RARE - 1940 ARPS Corporation Super SNOW BIRD Snow Traveling Equipment Brochure for Model A & V8 Standard Ford Cars. Sales brochure is presented by ARPS Corp. of New Holstein, Wisconsin...who were in business manufacturing the Snow Bird Snow Flyer (track system) from 1925 thru 1940. This piece was likely one of their LAST advertising brochures! It's nicely illustrated throughout, showing the very unique snow tracks on FORD cars, although Snow Bird equipment could be used on all cars. It also pictures & describes various special features of the Super Snow Bird Track System for vehicle snow travel & details simple installation. Stapled catalog measures 8 1/4" X 10 3/4" & has 8 pages, including covers. EXCELLENT CONDITION, super clean & crisp with NO ripped or torn pages. You'll be delighted with this significant item of antique snowmobile and/or snow equipment history!

Attached Images

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 12-04-2006, 11:13 PM
<--- was mine

Eric L is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Snow Bird track conversion for cars!?!

It says 14,000 in service... whered they all go? and it looks like it'd be hard to open the doors

....and I wuz cruising ebay today, and I found a neat Tucker article... But another Forums member is already bidding on it!

Eric