• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Photoshop and animated gif's

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone ever used photoshop elements 2.0 for animated gif's?

I'm trying to do a favor for a friend and I can't seem to get it to work.

The instructions seem simple but I not getting animation.

I put each image in a layer, then try save for web. Check the animation box, check the loop around, and set the timing. I get several results, all bad. sometimes all layers show as if I had done a regular save, sometimes only the top layer, and most of the time a file that won't open.

for a while the animate check box was greyed out but it came back after a reboot.

Any ideas?

Jim

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for asking about this Jim.
I'm the friend Jim is trying to help. I'm wanting a FF banner to use to promote FF on other sites. I got a good deal on a site with 10,000 users, with our banner at the top (rotating with his other customers) but I can't get the banner together.
I don't think the link Dave gave will work for this situtataion ....since I'm wanting multiple images of text in varying places on a 468 x 60 banner.

Any other ideas?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Hmmmm.....why wouldn't that website work?

Attachments

• forumsforums.gif
    forumsforums.gif
    49.7 KB · Views: 121

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave,
What I'm looking for would not be a marquee type of banner with moving text. I didn't see how to accomplish what I'm after on that site. I assume I would have more control over the banner creation and optimization if I can do it in Photoshop or software on my server.
I've been kinda swamped, we missed a deadline for building some servers for a franchise customer. The next couple of weeks are gonna be hectic, but once I have a banner I'll share it here looking for comments and suggestions. Once I have a template it should be easy to edit and make changes.
As I understand it now, Photoshop 8 with Image Ready (CS2) can do what I want. Guess what version I have? Photoshop 7.0 :pat: