Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Open Forum

Old 08-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Large Member

Big Dog has a spectacular aura aboutBig Dog has a spectacular aura about
Default Pentagon says the marines can't fart ...........

For Marines in Afghanistan: be careful where you fart

Marine Corps Times is a family newspaper and we only rarely have offensive language in our stories.
But this week the word “fart” appears in a story I wrote about the importance of trust between Marines and the Afghan national army soldiers they work with.
I didn’t want to write this little blog entry about farts. It’s not even on my beat. But my colleague Dan Lamothe, whose byline you have seen here quite often, shamed me into it.
“You owe it to all Marines,” he told me.
So here’s the news: audible farting has been banned for some Marines downrange because it offends the Afghans.
I know there are many things in the Afghan culture that don’t seem normal to Americans and it’s hard to spend seven months working in someone else’s back yard. Still, the Marines I saw downrange are doing a pretty good job at trying to do the right thing around the Afghans.
They’re not supposed to cuss because it could be misunderstood (that one goes out the window a lot). And they stay away from talking about politics, religion or girls because those topics could escalate into major disagreements (they can’t communicate anyway because of the language barrier).
But farting? That’s practically a sport. Ok, it’s not soccer, but a good contest could open the door for cross-cultural exchanges, jokes and other gallows humor.
So, for all Marines getting ready to go downwind, I mean downrange, be forewarned — you may have to hold it in… at least until you get back to your hooch where you can loudly crop dust your friends.

"No law ever prevented a crime" ...........

The MLR (Men's Locker Room) is now open! PM Big Dog for access ....

Old 08-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Silver Member

SShepherd will become famous soon enoughSShepherd will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pentagon says the marines can't fart ...........

are you kidding me ? They screw goats, and wipe their asses with their hand.......but they're offended by a fart?

piss on em
Old 08-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 1,324 Times in 594 Posts
waybomb will become famous soon enough

My wife told me not to fart.

She especially don't like it under the covers; it's like a SBD sneak attack and keeps coming at you, and you don't dare move the sheets.

I'd rather be burning gas up at an alarming rate in Plain Vanilla.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:44 PM
worn out farmer

muleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nicemuleman is just really nice

My dog and one cat like to lay on the bed. If I fart they instantly move to the foot of the bed. Wife just beats me and bitches!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Now a Published Author

fogtender will become famous soon enoughfogtender will become famous soon enough

I think we should just airdrop nothing but beans into Afghanistan, introduce them to the real world. Tell them if they fart in front of American soldiers, it is an insult if not done among friends, and they may be shot on the spot!

Let them worry about that for a bit instead.... Then tell them it was "Pork" and beans a few weeks later!

If they want to live in the 6th Century, then let them.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Automotive M.D.

Rusty Shackleford will become famous soon enoughRusty Shackleford will become famous soon enough
Style: ----T66A

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybomb View Post
My wife told me not to fart.

She especially don't like it under the covers; it's like a SBD sneak attack and keeps coming at you, and you don't dare move the sheets.

If you dutch oven her, and she is still there in the morning, it was meant to be