• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Something a little different on ebay

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter

Attachments

• PIXTuckerarmer.jpg
    PIXTuckerarmer.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 904

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:I just brought that up when my wife was behind me . :cool2: She wants one , do they sell them in pairs . :clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Must have built it for those Idaho survivalists! Wonder what it weighs?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Sounds like a scam. Someone selling something like that would do more detail and photos. Just doesn't sound right.

Looks cool if the bears start packing, but no real armor has rubber tracks....

Not to mention rivets, that went out in the 1930's. Either it was built for a movie set from plastic, or it was photo suited. If that was steel, the axles would break under that much weight.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well it kinda interests me, not that I want it, but that someone would build an armored one that would be tippy in deep snow and be too heavy to float in the snow as well.

I went to the company website and they list a lot of equipment, but they sell stuff on Ebay though another company, so I emailed the company with the ebay site and such and asked if they were indeed selling this and if I could get some more photos and the like to see it, both inside and out.

Have seen a few of these on the web before where someone hacks into another account and sells bogus stuff before the owner of the Account knows they have been hacked.

Just an armored Tucker don't make much sense to me, but if it is real, it would be neat to hear the history....

Keep you all updated!

northeastheavy

Considering the machine is in New Jersey where there is little snow, it can only have one purpose!!!! It is definately a "ghetto cruiser". Picture some gang pulling up in that rig!!!!! If it was from Idaho survivalists, it would have cannons and guns all over for real!!!

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing it must have been for some movie,and that the "armor" is just very thin sheet metal,or something to appear to be metal;but shure looks very kool!

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
It would look cool towing a trebuchet/punkin chucker/air cannon into place :)

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Ok, I got a reply on the critter, and it sounds even more like a scam!

Here it is

We are in fact selling this sno-cat.* I can’t discuss the orgin due to copyrights.* It is fully operational, the v8 engine runs great.
Zachary Visconti
---
Joseph Fazzio, Incorporated
2760 Glassboro Cross Keys Road
Glassboro, New Jersey 08028
856.881.3185 ext 1040 office
856.881.0214 fax
www.FazzioSurplus.com
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 11:50 AM
To: csr; Zach V
Subject: FW: Armored Tucker Snowcat
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:31 AM
To: products
Subject: Armored Tucker Snowcat
I saw this on ebay and wondered if in fact you are selling this or someone is running a scam off your website.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tucke...ht_7335wt_1115*
It is an armored Tucker Snowcat, not a normal item for something that has light duty axles and is designed to run in the deep snow, this would have to weigh tons with that kind of steel on it.
If you are selling it for real, could you send me more info on it.
Thanks

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it's photo shopped or hill billy armor what ever modern armor is not put together that way and i wouldn't trust it to save my life also impractical the tracks wouldn't survive hard ground and too heavy for snow in my opinion a total waste of 13 k most likely a scam because in real life it would be useless. now paint it krusty orange Big Al might jump on it should be as capable and fast as his krusty

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
it's photo shopped or hill billy armor what ever modern armor is not put together that way and i wouldn't trust it to save my life also impractical the tracks wouldn't survive hard ground and too heavy for snow in my opinion a total waste of 13 k most likely a scam because in real life it would be useless. now paint it krusty orange Big Al might jump on it should be as capable and fast as his krusty
Dont know if you looked at the ad or not Don , but if its photoshopped they took the time to do one helluva lota detail in 10 different pictures from different angles . :wink:

I dont know anything about these types of machines but it dont look like a scam to me . It may not be useable for regular needs like Ya'll use them for , but someone took a heck of a lot of time making one cool looking rig . Since they brought up Copyright law I would have to assume its like Foggy stated and it was built more then likely for a promotional vehicle for advertisement or used in a movie that maybe hasn't been released yet . :unsure:

Personally if I had the extra cash it wouldn't still be listed and I have abslolutly no need for a tracked vehicle . Damn sure would be fun to drive around though . :w00t2:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i would buy off on the idea it was for a movie that would account for the boiler looking rivets and it's most likely mild steel not t-1 armor

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
i would buy off on the idea it was for a movie that would account for the boiler looking rivets and it's most likely mild steel not t-1 armor
Yup I agree Don and I was also noticing from the pics in the ad itself the inside of the door frame , Allthough a lot of the metal appears to be fairlly thick . It has been custom painted as Pixie pointed out to look aged with a certain amount of surface rust . Allthough the ad states its armored I wonder if it might not be done with a thicker light aluminum to give the appearence of armor but it would hold down the weight considerablly . Because there were not many details about WHAT the body was made from . Just thinking outloud . :wink:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I had an afterthought . I knew the styling with the rivets reminded me of something else , I wonder if it isn't fashioed after something like the old iron ships from the civil war era ? :unsure: This was just a quick pic I found on google but I beleive its the USS monitor .

Attachments

• 27102.png
    27102.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 740

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well if it legit, it sure looks like something used in a movie plot, there isn't a useful reason to have something that looks like that. Even if that was all light sheet metal, it still would be heavier than a normal one. The chain filled spool in back looks a bit odd as well.

Would sure like to know the history of that, there is some kind of logo on the door, but that may be part of the props...

Looks more like something from "20,000 Leagues under the sea"

fincher-dives-for-20-000-leagues-under-the-sea-420-75.jpg

Who knows... I did ask the seller what it weighed, and he said he guessed about 5000 pounds. I think that is a bit light for even a standard version.

Guess we wait til the movie comes out or something...

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can’t discuss the orgin due to copyrights
You can't talk about copyrights now?

ZVNJ

Ok, I got a reply on the critter, and it sounds even more like a scam!

Thanks

This is not a scam. If you doubt it call our office and ask. I actually had news reporters calling us about this. Due to copyrights it is limited what we can say. Obviously is was built for cosmetic purposes, it is made of steel. We did not build it.

We have been in business since 1965 and are establishing an ebay industrial surplus store. In glassboro, nj we offer a massive 26,000 ton inventory of INEXPENSIVE steel, metals and industrial items - ready to ship. Our structural steel product line includes beams, road plates, flat sheets, plates, expanded & grating material, pipe, square & round tubing, bars and metal roofing. Most items are available in galvanized, carbon steel, stainless and aluminum as well. Our industrial hardware line includes shackles, cable, chain, wheels, etc.

www.josephfazzioinc.com
856-881-3185

Mtn-Track

Roadkill nailed it. Used as a prop in "The Last Airbender" movie by M. Night Shyamalan...

If the "armor" is really metal, the drivetrain life probably ended with the movie. For the movie memorabila-types, it may be worth a lot more than the buyer paid for it once word gets out.

Attachments

• v9aoc.jpg
    v9aoc.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I saw the movie, but I don't recall seeing that machine. I wonder if it was edited out or just a flash of it.

Maybe I was just asleep during that part....

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Now I want to find and rent the movie.

Mike

The pictures from ebay might be more fun..... the movie won an award for worst of the year.

Note: I only know this from a Google search yesterday.

63ssrev

Maybe I was just asleep during that part....

You must have been asleep because I just watched it the other day with the kids and noticed it and a twin in the movie. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but I'm not as critical about movies as some.