Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Agriculture & DIY Forums > Tools & Tractor Implements Forum

Old 07-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Wait for it.

Cowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Miller Roughneck 2E with an 18 hp Tecumseh with electric start.

Hey Fellers I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with this model of welder/generator . I am doing some horse trading and would like to know what it might be worth and if the generator is big enough to run things like a refrigerator or waterpump in case of an emergency for backup . Thanks in advance .

"good working gasoline welder/generator with new leads that I might consider in on a trade. It is a Miller Roughneck 2E with an 18 hp Tecumseh with electric start. It is a portable unit that weighs 350#."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic_1.jpg (57.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg pic_2.jpg (54.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg pic_3.jpg (63.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 07-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Silver Member

Trakternut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Miller Roughneck 2E with an 18 hp Tecumseh with electric start.

Nice lookin' unit. I'd say $500 or a bit more. If it's AC only, $500 would be about right. If AC/DC, $6-700.

I'm guessing about a 2000-2500 watt generator, so a fridge wouldn't tax it. You'd have to do some calculating on the waterpump. Read the tag and see what the amperage draw is and go from there.

Welders, usually, aren't really great standby generators. they work in a pinch, but don't have a lot of bottom end power, electrically. I notice on mine, which is supposed to be a 3000W gen, my power tools don't have quite the torque that they do running off of my military 2000W genny.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Wait for it.

Cowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Miller Roughneck 2E with an 18 hp Tecumseh with electric start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakternut View Post
Nice lookin' unit. I'd say $500 or a bit more. If it's AC only, $500 would be about right. If AC/DC, $6-700.

I'm guessing about a 2000-2500 watt generator, so a fridge wouldn't tax it. You'd have to do some calculating on the waterpump. Read the tag and see what the amperage draw is and go from there.

Welders, usually, aren't really great standby generators. they work in a pinch, but don't have a lot of bottom end power, electrically. I notice on mine, which is supposed to be a 3000W gen, my power tools don't have quite the torque that they do running off of my military 2000W genny.
Cool Thanks TN , I have a 5500 watt genny for emergencys but would like to have one for back up if needed , I'll have to check the stats on the pump because other then a couple of fridges every few hours we dont need much power but would be nice to run the well if needed.

I'll no more about it later today or tommorow and will update to wether its AC/DC or not .