• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wisc Supreme Court election: "DEWEY Defeats Prosser" should have been the headline

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wisc Supreme Court election: "DEWEY Defeats Prosser" should have been the headline

Just like the errant "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN" headline of a not too distant era, the folks in national progressive circles were heralding the defeat of incumbent Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Prosser. Prosser being a well known and well respected conservative, the liberal/progressives targeted him with millions of dollars of smear ads, bus loads of out of state volunteer to work for his opponent, and throngs of union faithfuls to beat the streets.

Progressive MoveOn.Org's Steve Hughes even emailed a statement that has now gone viral:
We just had a HUGE win!!

I'm literally breathless. I'm witnessing history. Incumbent candidates for the Wisconsin Supreme Court generally get re-elected in a landslide. But in the general election yesterday, progressive JoAnne Kloppenburg closed the gap and, with 100% of precincts reporting, has beating [sic] conservative justice David Prosser!
Adding a bit more drama, JoAnne Kloppenburg, the liberal/progressive who ran against Judge Prosser claimed a victory:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VNpKvwQeJM"]YouTube - Kloppenburg Declares Victory in Wisconsin Supreme Court Race[/ame]

Seems they may have been wrong :whistling:

The Associated Press has now released the obituary for the progressive movement:
JoAnne Kloppenburg's campaign manager, Melissa Mulliken, said Friday that fundraising efforts for a recount have begun, but she stopped short of saying the candidate would request one.

So despite what could be considered rampant voter fraud in Wisconsin, the progressives could not pull off what they figured would have been a run-a-way victory. Oh, no doubt the vote is close, its literally inside of a 1% margin. But its clear that Prosser has a lead and that his lead is, even after a recount, probably held by a large enough margin to hold it. No guarantee there, but probably. Prosser, with 100% of the votes counted, now holds the victory by 7500 votes. That may grow, that may dwindle, but even in a recount, that is a pretty big margin to overcome. Me, I'll not declare anyone a victor, yet. But I'll cast a few dollars on the table in a bet against Kloppenburg if someone wants to take my bet.

I'm bettering that MoveOn.org's Steve Hughes is really trying to catch his breath today :yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Wisc Supreme Court election: "DEWEY Defeats Prosser" should have been the headli

I'm bettering that MoveOn.org's Steve Hughes is really trying to catch his breath today :yum:
I think he's too busy cleaning the shit from his shorts to be breathless any longer. My guess is that we are going to see a civil war of some sort in this country between the dependent class and those of us who pay their way. Yes, I put the unions in the same class as the welfare rats.

I was in Home Depot the other day and again ran into a boyhood friend who is now retired from the sheet metal workers union as a business agent (thug). He always greets me with "Hello, scab" because I own my own business and choose to no belong to any unions (I can get my own work without their help or their extortion). This time I replied with "Hello, comrade. How many scabs have you had beaten today? Nice day for a drive-by shooting of a non-union site, isn't it? Have you had a non-union worker's family abused lately? Your children and grandchildren must be proud to know what you did for a living." He was a bit put out over my forthright behavior, and turned on his heel to leave, so I said "Have a nice day, comrade. Be sure to visit the gulag." His hand gesture told me I was #1.

Red

Re: Wisc Supreme Court election: "DEWEY Defeats Prosser" should have been the headli

I think he's too busy cleaning the shit from his shorts to be breathless any longer. My guess is that we are going to see a civil war of some sort in this country between the dependent class and those of us who pay their way. Yes, I put the unions in the same class as the welfare rats.

I was in Home Depot the other day and again ran into a boyhood friend who is now retired from the sheet metal workers union as a business agent (thug). He always greets me with "Hello, scab" because I own my own business and choose to no belong to any unions (I can get my own work without their help or their extortion). This time I replied with "Hello, comrade. How many scabs have you had beaten today? Nice day for a drive-by shooting of a non-union site, isn't it? Have you had a non-union worker's family abused lately? Your children and grandchildren must be proud to know what you did for a living." He was a bit put out over my forthright behavior, and turned on his heel to leave, so I said "Have a nice day, comrade. Be sure to visit the gulag." His hand gesture told me I was #1.

Good for you! Always amazed me how conservatives turn the cheek or will listen to other person's views, but never get that courtesy returned. It's like religion to liberals to discuss the politics of the day. That what's confusing because most liberals are anti-religious. Maybe politics is their religion?

My BIL is very conservative and he comes from a blue collar Democrat family and he would always ask his mother how can you vote for this candidate who is pro-abortion. His mom goes to Mass every day and couldn't answer his question. Conservative party should be renamed the common sense party.