• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Missing email.....

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
My computer prompted me to "compact email" and I said yes. Now, about 2 1/2 years of email is missing from my in box. Is there any way to recover this material? I purchased a program that was suggested on the Microsoft website, but it is too complex for me to understand. It is called DBXtract HELP. Thanks Junk.....

daedong

Junk, I can't help but what a bummer. I lost all mine a few years back and never did find out why, it's a real pain.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What mail program are you using Junk?
If it compacted it, hopefully it can uncompact it. I've heard of archive but not compact; but I would guess they are similiar functions.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Junk

You really should try printing out the instructions from Microsoft, go slow, and do what they say.

I am no computer genius, and I've used their help instructions often in Access and source codes. Half the time, I have no idea what it is exactly I am doing, but in the end, it always works. I often find the instructions to be seemingly vague, but they actually work. And then if it gets really screwed up, they have an excellent live help site where, like this forum, smart people help challenged people like me. Everytime I go to the site, it is me screeming for "HELP!" I guess that makes me a taker and not a giver, eh?