Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Outdoors > HANDGUNS Forum

HANDGUNS Forum Discussions for Target, Defensive, Concealed Carry handguns & holsters

Old 01-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Melensdad will become famous soon enoughMelensdad will become famous soon enough
Default 600 Nitro Express Revolver: A new gun for Dargo

$40 per shot, and plenty of whoopass to go!

600 Nitro Express Revolver
http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html

The worlds most powerful pistol is the Austrian Pfeifer-Zeliska .600 Nitro Express Magnum. It is chambered to fire the British developed .600 caliber rifle bullet originally made by Holland and Holland. This revolver was not originally a full production model but a one off, built especially for a wealthy Swiss gent...Mr. Zeliska.

But if you would like one and I am sure that a few of you 'gunslingers' with a bit of disposable income would, then contact Pfeifer arms ( url near bottom of page ) and they will make one for you. Priced at 13,840 Euro's. This equates as $17,316* or £11,722* including Tax ( *at Exchange rate as of 20 November 2008 )

The Pfeifer Revolver is also available chambered for the .458 Winchester Magnum and qualifies as the second worlds most powerful handgun.

The .600 Nitro Express Magnum revolver is a single action, 5 shot, old west style gun. A single action revolver is stronger in construction than a double action revolver due to the solid base frame that the cylinder sits in.

This is not a joke. This gun really exists. It's the absolute ultimate Magnum revolver and one that Smith & Wesson would rather you didn't know about as their market researcher would need medication ! Rumours that Smith & Wesson were actually thinking of developing a .75 caliber pistol have never been substantiated, or have never left the drawing board, and the possibility of such a gun coming from them is remote to say the least.

Because of its size the Pfeifer-Zeliska .600 Nitro Express Magnum would really be required to be fired whilst resting on a bench clamp or small sand bags as shown in the image below.

The gun weighs in at total of 13.23lbs and consequently is heavy enough to absorb most of the violent recoil. In fact it is said to be on scale to firing the Smith & Wesson .50 Magnum.

The recoil is not uncontrollable, but instead, tamed by the guns weight. A bi-pod and shoulder stock may be in order though.

The .600 Nitro Express cartridge was originally developed in 1899 for big game hunters who went to Africa with the intention of killing Elephants, (something that I despise by the way) and was fired from a double barreled rifle. Even though Holland & Holland no longer manufacture these cartridges, they can still be sought through the gun trade, small reloading companies or even over the internet.

One company still actually make these rounds and they are Kynoch at www.kynochusa.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 600revolver.jpg (20.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 600magnum.jpg (9.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpeg 600-gun-4.JPG.jpeg (7.1 KB, 32 views)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 01-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Getting closer

Dargo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 600 Nitro Express Revolver: A new gun for Dargo

I was all set to buy one last year but I couldn't find a comfortable carry holster for it. I prefer Galco's Miami Classic Shoulder setups where I can just about any size holster for any pistol but there isn't a snap in holster for my Miami Classic that holds the 600 Nitro Express Revolver. I can't say that I've shot or even handled one, but I did see one at a large Indianapolis gun show. I bought my .45-70 revolver instead when I was there.

Everybody has seen the YouTube video of the old fat guy shooting this pistol and letting it fly off behind him. Here's a video of Bob shooting the 600 Nitro. Note; Bob doesn't let go of the pistol after he shoots it. I don't know where he goes after he pulls the trigger, but he doesn't seem to let go of the pistol!

Old 01-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Gone Flyin'

Av8r3400 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Skurka View Post
$40 per shot, and plenty of whoopass to go!
Thing looks like something out of a cartoon...

I'd rather die trying to live,
than live trying not to die.

-Leonard Perry

Old 01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Silver Member

EastTexFrank will become famous soon enough

The only question I have is ..... why??????

Stock up on ammo. We will have to save ourselves from those who want to save the world.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Title 4, Chapter 1 Sect 8

bczoom will become famous soon enoughbczoom will become famous soon enough
Style: T66

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexFrank View Post
The only question I have is ..... why??????
Because they don't make a 61 and it's bigger than a 59.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Silver Member

SShepherd will become famous soon enoughSShepherd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bczoom View Post
Because they don't make a 61 and it's bigger than a 59.

HAHAHAHAHHAA

how bout, "cuz I can't carry a cop in my pocket"
Old 01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Getting closer

Dargo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShepherd View Post
HAHAHAHAHHAA

how bout, "cuz I can't carry a cop in my pocket"
Well, I do have a S&W 500 Magnum with a 2" barrel that I can carry in my pocket. A friend shot it exactly once when I had it loaded with some mid-range (power wise) cartridges in it. He handed it back and said it needed a barrel about 20" longer with a good muzzle break. What a dummy! How could I carry it Mexican with those modifications?!