• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow trac heater muflers

clhsmith

read the threads here on heater muflers.vw dealers dont seem to know what we are talking about.i used built in vacumn cleaner muflers. they are the right size for the pipeing.2 inch.youcan also use the plastic pipe fitings 45,s and90,s to route them.they work great.

teledawg

read the threads here on heater muflers.vw dealers dont seem to know what we are talking about.i used built in vacumn cleaner muflers. they are the right size for the pipeing.2 inch.youcan also use the plastic pipe fitings 45,s and90,s to route them.they work great.

This is what I used. They are called "Heater Hose to Body" connection parts and they all have VW part numbers.

accordB.jpg

Look at the very bottem of this page for a source: LINK

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Thanks, T.D.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I too would love to see some pictures of this setup in action . I have a VW powered snowcat and have no idea what you guys are talking about:unsure: . Then again this is the first VW anything I have ever owned

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
This is what I used. They are called "Heater Hose to Body" connection parts and they all have VW part numbers.

accordB.jpg

Look at the very bottem of this page for a source: LINK

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Thanks, T.D.
where do these go in the system i have scat tube on my heater hoses now are these supposed to dampen the fan nois

teledawg

where do these go in the system i have scat tube on my heater hoses now are these supposed to dampen the fan nois
I put them right onto the heat-exchanger outlets and cut out the heater hoses by that amout and attached the heater hose the other end. They cut down about 90% of the valve (clicking) noise that comes throught the heater ducts into the cabin. You will really notice a difference in noise, especially if your valves are adjusted to 0.006". :biggrin: