• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cabbage Casserole

lifesaver91958

2 pounds ground chuck, fried and drained
1 large head cabbage, cored, chopped and boiled in water until tender
4 cans campbells, cream of mushroom soup
2 soup cans milk
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large baking dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes.

Delicious!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love cabbage. I love cream of mushroom soup. I think I'd add some nice size chunks of mushrooms to this dish, maybe a brown mushroom or some chunks of portabella mushrooms (any hearty flavor mushroom). Maybe substitute 1# of ground turkey for 1# of ground chuck to reduce the fat, but only I would still want at least 50% chuck for the flavor so I would not substitute all the beef out of the dish. This actually sounds pretty good.

Still the first thing that comes to mind is that I wonder what it would taste like if the cream of mushroom soup was eliminated and if tomato soup was used as a replacement? We make cabbage rolls with a ground beef/rice mixture as the stuffing, top it off with tomato soup sauce. The cabbage casserole with tomato soup might be an easier way of achieving the same taste, if tomato soup was substituted.