• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Leading abortion Dr Shot and killed...

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I am on the way out the door, but this is local breaking news...

Abortion Provider Dr. George Tiller Killed at Church
10451609_BG1.jpg
Dr. George Tiller during his trial in early 2009.

Latest Update:
Eyewitness News has confirmed that abortion provider Dr. George Tiller has been shot and killed at his Wichita church.
The shooting happened around ten o'clock Sunday morning at the Reformation Lutheran Church.
Location of Church
Police have a suspect description. The suspect is described as a white male in his 50's or 60's with grey hair that is balding in the middle. He is about 6'1" and about 220 pounds and was wearing a white shirt and dark pants.
The suspect was last seen in a light blue Ford Taurus, possibly an early 1990's model. It has a K-State vanity plate and a Kansas license plate number 225 BAB.
Tiller was the victim of violence before. On June 9, 1986 someone detonated a homemade bomb on the roof of his Wichita clinic. No one was hurt
During the Summer of Mercy in 1991, protesters blocked the entrance to his facility before a federal judge ruled the protesters be arrested.
Two years later, Dr. Tiller was shot outside his clinic the evening of August 19, 1993. His wounds were not life threatening. Abortion opponent Shelly Shannon was convicted of that shooting and sentenced to prison.
Eyewitness News has multiple crews on the scene. Expect updates here on kwch.com, on Eyewitness Newscasts and on Twitter under KWCH12.

I am shocked and speechless at the moment.. :ermm:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just find it hard to believe that an abortion doctor would go to church. But this guy was noted for doing "Partial Birth Abortions" where the mother would start to give birth and then he'd crack open the skull of the baby and suck its brain out with a vacuum tube. That is a particularly repulsive form of abortion. Sorry, but I can't get worked up over his death.

Now I don't condone this, in fact I find it horrible, but it strikes me that there are as many nut-jobs in the Pro-Life side as there are on the Pro-Abortion side and that alone is reason enough for radical abortion doctors to wear bullet proof vests and reinforce their homes, offices and cars.

ncroamer65

I agree as to the "nut jobs" on both sides.

Reminds me of a true story. A young women and her boyfriend were
entering a 5 story building which had an abortion clinic in it. There were
Pro life protesters outside and as this couple approched a protestor
shoved a headless doll baby in their faces and said "see what your
doing". The protestors actions upset the young women. Considering
she was going to a dential appointment in the same building. :whistling: :whistling:

benspawpaw

who gives a damn? the bastard should have died long ago. think how many lives could be saved if we killed all doctors that do this unspeakable thing. i hope as we speak he is burning in hell. want to get me stired up? this does. i have no use for the scum, they should all burn.:hammer:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow. Some of these responses I expected.. others.. not so much....

I posted this mainly because it certainly is big news. I will be honest in my stance that I am Pro Choice, but disagree with abortion. I really did not want this to turn into a debate which is why it's in the open forum. If needed, feel free to move it. Assuming that the person that shot him is Pro Life, what lessons has he taught? None other than he is a killer too. He is no better than what he thought he was getting rid of. I don't care who he is or what he is done, it's hard to fathom him being gunned down in front of his family and friends at church.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow. Some of these responses I expected.. others.. not so much....

I posted this mainly because it certainly is big news. I will be honest in my stance that I am Pro Choice, but disagree with abortion. I really did not want this to turn into a debate which is why it's in the open forum. If needed, feel free to move it. Assuming that the person that shot him is Pro Life, what lessons has he taught? None other than he is a killer too. He is no better than what he thought he was getting rid of. I don't care who he is or what he is done, it's hard to fathom him being gunned down in front of his family and friends at church.

Couldn't have said better .......

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Update: An arrest was made

Kind of interesting that even though the headlines is an arrest is made they don't talk about the guy the arrested much at all. The article is more about Tiller as it looks like he has had his share of problems over the years.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Me? No. Why?

My comment was intended to be sarcastic.

FWIW, I don't support capital punishment, murder, or abortion. I do support self defense. This was not a case of self defense. I also support the concept of 'just wars' but this would not fall under that concept.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Me? No. Why?

My comment was intended to be sarcastic.

FWIW, I don't support capital punishment, murder, or abortion. I do support self defense. This was not a case of self defense. I also support the concept of 'just wars' but this would not fall under that concept.

Mah fawlt. It just sounded like you were subtly implying approval of this doctor's demise.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not saying that I'm upset about it.

But I'm not one who would celebrate it either.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter

But I'm not one who would celebrate it either.

This was exactly how I knew you would feel, which is perfectly OK. Your response was NOT one that shocked me at all.

I will say this...I hope some controversy and practices die with him..

AndyM

Charter Member

I am rather upset by it...
This doesn't help the cause showing how important life is, because now the abortion side will point to this one fringe killer and proclaim that everyone on the pro-life side is like him.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Andy, you are correct that it doesn't help the pro-life cause. But I think most people are catching on to the media bias. Most people have rejected the media portrayal of gun owners as fringe whack-jobs, I don't think they will buy into the same type of stereotyping about the Pro-Life cause.

loboloco

OK, so another killer is gunned down by a killer. Happens in the hood every day and nobody gets bent. Cheez

benspawpaw

i am not saying that i think we should go out and kill all the abortion doctors, but i do feel they deserve a special place in hell for killing babies. and that my friends is what they are doing. late or early, it is murder. what would be the difference in decideing you dont want your 5 year old anymore and smash his head and suck out his brain with your shop vac. it is the same thing. and if a doctor of anyone else that helps with abortion whether it be nurse doctor or the person that cleans up after should be killed in the name of pro life, even tho that is murder, they got what they deserved.
my 2 cents, and dont hate me for having an opinion, but its ok if you hate my opinion.:hammer:

loboloco

My feeling on this is that if you are willing to murder babies, then you should have no objection to any other form of murder. Including your own.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
My feeling on this is that if you are willing to murder babies, then you should have no objection to any other form of murder. Including your own.

What the doctor performed was not murder (according to the Kansas legislature and the U.S. Supreme Court), so stop condoning the acts of the nutjob who murdered him as "quid pro quo."

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What the doctor performed was not murder (according to the Kansas legislature and the U.S. Supreme Court)
Oddly enough, that is a time dependent statement. It should end in the word "currently" because under the "current" interpretation of the law, he did not legally murder. However under past interpretations of the law he did commit murder. Clearly the nation is divided on this issue, many taking the "current" interpretation, and many disagreeing with that same interpretation.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Interpretation aside, did he commit murder, in the sense that it was illegal at the time he did it?

And if so, he deserved a trial by jury, not vigilante slaughter in front of his spouse and fellow congregation members.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I never said he deserved "vigilante slaughter" but I did point out that many do think he is a murderer and believe the current interpretation of the law that rules he was not 'technically' a murderer in the eyes of the law is incorrect.

loboloco

What the doctor performed was not murder (according to the Kansas legislature and the U.S. Supreme Court), so stop condoning the acts of the nutjob who murdered him as "quid pro quo."
Murder is the taking of human life by another person with forethought and without defense or life threatening justification. Kansas and the supreme court can kiss my Rosie red.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Murder is the taking of human life by another person with forethought and without defense or life threatening justification. Kansas and the supreme court can kiss my Rosie red.

Actually, it's with malice aforethought, in the common law sense, but the states define it differently. Until the legislature recognizes a fetus as a "human life" (and some do), it's just not murder. Furthermore, what if the abortion is to save the mother's life (e.g.: toxemia)?

The doctor's killer would appear to be guilty (but we don't have all the facts yet). The doctor would not appear to be.

Are you saying you are not bound by the rulings of the U.S. Supreme Court?

loboloco

Sorry, I follow the laws of war and my conscience. Since the Supreme Court ignores the constitution I have no obligation to listen to them.

loboloco

And no, the malice aforethought is not in the definition for murder. That's an assumption on the taking of human life. Malice means with fell intent. Laws of War have no such definition. Besides, if you are pro choice, how can you object to a late term abortion being performed on the 'good' doctor. If a baby is not human, how can a person who kills both the mother and fetus in a car accident be guilty of two manslaughter's? Or how can a person who shoots a pregnant woman be charged for two murders, or homicides? Reference your Kansas law please. In that State a fetus is considered a person in those cases. Your law is not consistent.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Crazy Wolf, I see you're from South Carolina. Planning to beseige Fort Sumter any time soon? What war are you fighting?

The mens rea of common law murder is most certainly "malice aforethought." But there is also a distinction in modern law between human life and potential for human life. I'm not saying I agree with where the line is drawn, but if it's the law, then so be it. Have you read Roe v. Wade and its progeny?

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/06pdf/05-380.pdf

The doctor was acting within the bounds of the law. He didn't deserve to be murdered.

Your powers lay in the art of persuasion. You are not convincing when patting the backs of assassins.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Yuck. Husband, father of four and grandfather of ten. And it's ok he's murdered. Yuck.