• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PassePartout tracked vehicle

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
JSX found this on Craigslist.......check out the website also......There is a note there from Bob Cantin who lives in Canada and used to import/distribute Snow Tracs........ if anyone is interested I can help arrange pickup and storage until you can come get it
Kevin

http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/1189240237.html

PassePartout tracked vehicle - $700 (Addy,Wa)

Reply to:sale-3gym6-1189240237@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-26, 7:25AM PDT

Really cool really rare tracked vehicle. this unit is in need of work but the tracks suspension and engine are good.

http://www.joesgarage.us/PPT.htm

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3mf3p73o7ZZZZZZZZZ95q07d1a3f1d0cf1156.jpg
3ne3k03m5ZZZZZZZZZ95q4cae6ffe61831334.jpg
3k43md3o1ZZZZZZZZZ95qb162462985fe19af.jpg

http://www.joesgarage.us/PPT.htm

http://www.timwafer.com/
http://www.joesgarage.us/index.htm

Attachments

• PPTAction3.jpg
    PPTAction3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 6,271
  • pptoverlog.jpg
    pptoverlog.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 6,277

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks similar to the Cushman Trackster.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Here are some more pictures! notice it only contained part of the kitchen sink!:yum:

Attachments

• PassePartout 001.jpg
    PassePartout 001.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 6,202
  • PassePartout 002.jpg
    PassePartout 002.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 6,086
  • PassePartout 003.jpg
    PassePartout 003.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 6,011
  • PassePartout 004.jpg
    PassePartout 004.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 5,989
  • PassePartout 005.jpg
    PassePartout 005.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 5,941
  • PassePartout 006.jpg
    PassePartout 006.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 5,873

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
a few more

Attachments

• PassePartout 009.jpg
    PassePartout 009.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 5,683
  • PassePartout 012.jpg
    PassePartout 012.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 5,528
  • PassePartout 011.jpg
    PassePartout 011.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 5,561
  • PassePartout 010.jpg
    PassePartout 010.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 5,626
  • PassePartout 008.jpg
    PassePartout 008.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 5,705
  • PassePartout 007.jpg
    PassePartout 007.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 5,744

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
last ones..........I have had several offers on this one:whistling:
anyone know where a guy could get a parts cat??:w00t2:

Attachments

• PassePartout 013.jpg
    PassePartout 013.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 5,366
  • PassePartout 014.jpg
    PassePartout 014.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 5,378
  • PassePartout 015.jpg
    PassePartout 015.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 5,267
  • PassePartout 016.jpg
    PassePartout 016.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 5,296
  • pptlineup.jpg
    pptlineup.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 5,425

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Loaded and ready to go!!! Heading out with the two PassePartouts to there new home in Minnesota. Getting through Montana over the next couple days should be fun with the snow and cold!! Great Falls tonight (must stop at Eddie's Supper Club for the "Campfire Steak"!) WIsh me luck!

Attachments

• PassePartout 018.jpg
    PassePartout 018.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 5,109

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Good luck ! Keep the shiny side up !

Attachments

• PIXpp2andTM509W.jpg
    PIXpp2andTM509W.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 5,017

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the thing looks like a raid track or a play cat i ve got my eyes on one thinking after stripping it down to a tub and tracks it would make a good trailer to pull behind the snow trac

timandkim

hello just found this old thread nice to see didn know there were people out there useing these if anyone is ever looking for one i know where there is three of them in the bush
tim

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
send me some pics next time you are out there i have a raid track i'm working on with the older boy basicly the same just built in the us as i understand

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
I would be interested in them Tim.......PM me and let me know what you can about them.............where are you located?
Kevin

timandkim

hey kevin i dont know alot about them other than i seen them . one is on the highway north of swan river manitoba about a hour away its green,the other 2 are south of us about half hour away there red.....when kim gets home ill pm you this guys name and number cuz i dont know how . there is also one in porcupine plains that a guy bought recently at a sale that one still has the rubber titty things on the tracks.....i dont know him but can track him down....ill go after him like a sno cat private investigator lol..... oh by the way im from hudsonbay saskatchewan

timandkim

kevin sorry to hear its to far but tell you what we may be coming down into the states with a trailer to go on a buying binge , your cats down there are selling to cheep to resist .. if we do ill get ahold of you maybe we can work something out for you cuz we will be empty on the way down ....
Tim

Gregg V

For timandkim. I tried to email you ,but don't know if you got it. You mentioned a couple of passe par touts just south of you. I assume you mean south from Hudson Bay Sask. I would be interested in getting more information on these. I have one myself and would like to get another or just parts of one. I live in Flin Flon Mb. so it would not be to far to pick up something around your area. Thanks Gregg V.

38dodge

Just acquired one of these passepartout's in a deal I made....dont plan on keeping it....be open to offers....i will try to post picks on here of it(or have my wife do it...lol)....but when i googled PASSEPARTOUT and came accross this forum....i also came accross the ad on CRAIGSLIST of the EXACT one i now own...I live in Green Bay Wisconsin....e-mail SCHROEDERDRYWA11@YAHOO.COM

boondocker570

I am looking for drive sprockets and rear idlers. Also has any one changed out the 30 hp 2 stroke for a 12 hp vtwin Briggs for power?Mine is a 1972 and will be starting the restoration this spring and trying to start gathering parts. Any help would be great Thanks in advance.

undy

boondocker,

I can't help you with the parts, but I can tell you that Bob Cantin is still around and may be of help there.

We talked recently, and he confirmed that some have been converted to 4-stroke. IIRC, he said that a 17hp briggs outperformed the original Sachs.

You didn't indicate where you are. I'm in Wisconsin and have a really nice unit, which I'm still working a few bugs out of. As it turns out, I think I'll eventually sell it (in case you're interested). I probably need a snow cat for my uses.

I've also got the hydro drive units out of a 19hp dixon mower, which I've considered swapping into the passepartout and convert over to hydrostatic steering. I just decided this one is too nice to modify like that.

boondocker570

Undy, I am located east of Albany NY. Was given this machine and plan on getting it going to help with snowmobile trail maitanance and moving fire wood. I have a Vtwin Briggs thatis on a commercial mowerthat Iaam going to transplant. The drive sprockets are the tough parts to get and I think Bob is the only source. I would like to find another for parts but they are hard to find and are usually in pretty bad shape. I you have any pics. I would like to see them.

undy

Boondocker,
I'll try and get some pictures for you. I pretty much need to rely on my son to do that, as I don't know how. (!)
From talking with Bob, I suspect that my engine has had leaky crank seals since new. I think that accounts for the great condition. Even no rips in the seats!
I'll be in touch with pics.
Paul

dj.gromlich

I have a passepartout for sale in very well condition. asking $3000
Text me at 610-334-1869 for pics or more info. Runs and drives has seats yet

undy

DJ,

Welcome to the forum. Your cat would likely sell better if you started your own thread in the classified section.

FWIW, I ended up basically mechanically restoring my PPT (in my case, it was badged "Easy Rider"), doing all the factory mods and replacing all bearings and crank seals. I got around $2k for the machine after that. The paint and seats were original and in real good shape. That was about 3 or 4 yrs. ago. It went to NE Iowa, to some Grandpa to haul grandkids around his yard.

Best of luck with your sale.

boondocker570

I have a 1972 Paspartout for sale in Upstate New York ,chassis transmission all good tracks idlers, drives all cracked from age ,good restoration project ,can send pictures, make offer

sledhaus

Ran across two Playcats about a year ago that were free for hauling. Don't know what was left but I saw photos on the guy's phone and I think they both had tracks and may have had engines. Been outside for years. Western MT.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I see he also has a set of plastic driver wheels and some track guide drivers also. good deal if someone needs these parts !!!!