• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chocolate covered bacon?

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Maybe the bacon expert will chime in and give us his opinion on this. A friend of mine called me the other night to tell me about this delicacy. You take thick sliced bacon and put it in on a cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees in the oven. Pat it down with a paper towel to remove the grease and then dip it in chocolate. Has anyone tried this?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Have I tried it ??? Are you kidding me :blink:! That sounds like the most disgusting thing I ever heard of .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, never tried it. And my first reaction was much like Big Al's and Cowgirl's. Then I read the links PG provided. It's that perfect combination of salty and sweet from the descriptions. Yep, I would try it. I doubt I get the chance anytime soon, but I would try it.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ive tried it and its GREAT!!!!!!! :w00t2:
The chocolate has to be dark and the bacon crisp. But its a little like a pretzel in chocolate but more savory. I 100% guarantee you folks would enjoy it :thumb: Actually on Dinner Impossible on the Food Network the Iron Chef made it for dessert.