• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

firefox help

daedong

When trying to post on FF the copy and paste does not work. I get a message that says "you need to edit your mozilla con fig file to allow this action". how do i do this?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
daedong said:
When trying to post on FF the copy and paste does not work. I get a message that says "you need to edit your mozilla con fig file to allow this action". how do i do this?

Take a look at this page for instructions.

Also....don't forget that you can always use the menus at the top of the program (Edit->Paste) as well as Ctl-C and Ctl-V for cutting and pasting.

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
VIN, thanks for asking.
Dave, thanks for the answer.

Tonight:
Periods of rain and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low near 43. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%

It worked.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
So you have to put each website in that you want to paste and cut for?

Wow sounds like a lot of work. Will just use the edit commands I think?

murph

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I can copy, but can't paste, so CRTL+V works real good. Better than all that other stuff :whistle:

OkeeDon

Here's a quote from the last part of the instructions: "This is not recommended, as you are opening yourself to security problems by trusting all sites. If you ever have sensitive information in your clipboard (ie. you copy phone numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, etc), then using this is not a good idea."

First of all, I guess I'm not sure what the problem is, because I'm using Firefox, and I copied that line using ^C and pasted it here with ^V without modifying Firefox. Do I not understand the problem?

Second, a question about the recommendation. Assuming I do have sensitive information in my clipboard. Who is looking? Are they looking all the time? How can they see my clipboard? I do the checks for security at various sites and they all come back saying that my computer is essentially invisible. If my computer is invisible, how do "they" (whoever "they" is) even know I have a clipboard, let alone know what's in it? If I'm planning to paste that information into a text area, doesn't that mean that I'm about to unveil it to the world, anyway? Why else would I have sensitive information in my clipboard if I don't intend to paste it?

I guess I'm just super naive about all this security stuff.

daedong

Wow sounds like a lot of work. Will just use the edit commands I think?

I just used ctrl c ctrl v for the above. this is simpler than the other messing around for dumb bums like me.

Thanks for everybodys help.

buy_25

Banned
I agree. Use ctrl c and v and move onward. I love there portable apps. Have all my apps on my 1 GB flashdrive....Gotta love it.