• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alaskan Snow Trac advertisement found.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Found this on Ebay. Very kind of them to let me save on my pics. :D

Attachments

• Snow Trac add.jpg
    Snow Trac add.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 721

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Snow Trac add found.

The advertisement is no longer listed on eBay.

Somebody bought it already. Wonder who? :whistle:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

Geez - I got to forge up some more of these. I wonder how much fake Snowcat stuff I can sell to Bob! ;)

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Snowcat Operations said:
Hey Bob,
Did you notice the pic in this add looks like the Snow Trac has a cloth top?

The aluminum cabin was OPTIONAL on Snow Tracs! :eek:

Attachments

• SnowTrac.jpg
    SnowTrac.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 687

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

Have you noticed that some cabs and tubs are of different lengths. Also they made another model that looked like a bath tub on tracks. More so than the one pictured above.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

The Snow Master version had a wider set of tracks and from what I can tell it was available with a 2 person cab or a 7 person cab. I have a file photo of a Snow Master that shows a fastback style sloped rear behind a 2 person cab.

The Snow Trac version typically had a 7 person cab like mine, I have never seen a Snow Trac with a 2 person cab. I know of some of the open top versions being used in the southern US, specifically in the Texas oil fields as work vehicles to transport workers and equipment across the shifting sands of the desert. I have collected some photos of Snow Tracs that seem to have home-made cabs or modified cabs. And some that have different window configurations and slightly taller cabins. Honestly I have no idea how many variants were available.

The advertisement looks like it has the front part of the aluminum cabin with a tent like structure over the entire passenger area. 'schmidt' from Mountain Home Lodge told me that his Snow Trac had a fabric top and he replaced it with a removable wood top, but his fabric was only over the rear passenger area.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

I wish we could get ahold of some of the original shematics or blue prints for these vehicles!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Well I have noticed several folks from all around the world visiting this site to look at the Snow Trac threads. Maybe one of them has access to some of the original documents and can provide us with some more information.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
next time i get the camera out i will send you a pic of a snow trac that came in a 2man cab its right down the street but the guy wants too much for it

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i offered $1500 and and he claimed you coulden't freight one here for that much freight charges would be about $3000.00 so i suspect he wants more than thatwe stopped talking when he started talking about freight being of value

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the proof is in the pic i cant see this rig worth 3k plus even if i was in the parts buisness

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i suppose i should give up some history on this 2 man unit it belonged to the boss hogg figure in our town he just passed away last weekend he brought it to nome new its a transitional vehicle with 2 band tracks and new style brakes he pimped it out for about 2 years hauling freight than parked it i under stand his son ripped the track trying to pull it out of the ice with a 966 to move it to where it sits now i under stand its been parked here about 10 years I offered 1500 for it and jr thaught i was insultig him but the air filter has been left off and engine is locked up a fender is bent up and the cab has a lot of rust track is broke and who know about the running gear

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
It could either be flown out of Nome, or shipped by barge up the Yukon, Tanana rivers to Nenana and trucked from there. Or even shipped to Seattle.... But not cheap...

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
teonly way in or out of nome is nome seattle anchorage either on northland or ak logistigs and air freight would be 30 cents a pound back haul but its about $1.25 por pound comming here if any one is interested i could put you in touch with the owner but i suspect the deal would have to be sweeter than 3 grand