• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Magnify

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Okay, you guys convinced me this FireFox is the best ever. I like it too. Is there a way to zoom in on photos I'm not aware of? Or is this feature not there?:confused::smileywac:beer:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
johnday said:
Okay, you guys convinced me this FireFox is the best ever. I like it too. Is there a way to zoom in on photos I'm not aware of? Or is this feature not there?:confused::smileywac:beer:

You want the Image Zoom extension.

OkeeDon

I guess I don't stay up to date like I should; when I clicked to install this extension, it first told me my Firefox was out of date. So, I installed Firefox 1.5. Somehow, I don't remember how, the setting for software installs was turned off in version 1.0. There is no easy way to turn it back on in 1.5. I finally found a reference in a bug file, went to the raw configuration file (about:config), found the referenced value and set it to "true". Now, I could finally install the image magnifier.

That worked, but it showed me a list of installed extensions, one of which was Spellcheck. However, it now stated that Spellcheck (which I really liked) was disable because it wasn't compatible with Firefox 1.5.

So, I gained an image magnifier (which I may or may not use) and lost my Spellcheck. I'm not sure I gained anything...

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
So, I gained an image magnifier (which I may or may not use) and lost my Spellcheck. I'm not sure I gained anything...

Unfortunately Don, it is too late for you, but if you ever have an extension that you want to install, but you don't have the latest version of FF (and don't want to upgrade), then if you scroll to the bottom the homepage for that extension, you will see a link that takes you to previous versions of the extensoin. From there you can install one that is compatable with the version of FF you are running.