• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Cheese and Mushroom Quiche

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Cover a prepared large pie crust with 1-1/2 c. grated swiss

Cover the cheese with:
1 cup of chopped green onions
1/4 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (that have been sauteed in butter w/dash of thyme)

Beat 4 eggs-1-1/2 c of whole milk-3T of flour-1/4 mustard.

Pour over mushrooms and cheese.
Bake 375 for 40-45 minutes.

This is great served cold with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on the side.:thumb:

Perfect hot weather supper. ;)

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
sounded great until you got to that second to last line.
I can taste cucumbers for a day after eating one - and large pieces of raw tomato make me hurl...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
sounded great until you got to that second to last line.
I can taste cucumbers for a day after eating one - and large pieces of raw tomato make me hurl...
Then eat the quiche sans the sides sweety.
Wow,too many s's there lol

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
That sounds really good!!! Easy to make too. I might just get a pie crust and make it! :punk:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
:pat:

Ok, youse guys that responded positively to this thread, there's a book you need to read...:rolleyes:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
:pat:

Ok, youse guys that responded positively to this thread, there's a book you need to read...:rolleyes:

Sorry, Bob, "real men" eat anything - they just can't pronouce all the words right. And we know "quiche" is really pronounced "scrambled eggs"... ;)

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Sorry, Bob, "real men" eat anything - they just can't pronouce all the words right. And we know "quiche" is really pronounced "scrambled eggs"... ;)

I thought it was spelled wrong, isn't it quikie?

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
yup.
kwee chee.
that's the sound the bedsprings make when I'm getting a quickie after eating the wife's frittata. (Italian quiche)

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
nonononono!
that's a type of dog - dutch barge dog, to be precise.
Keeshond, or Kees/Keesh for short. (which is actually pronounced KAYZ-hawnd)
very well behaved and have a dense enough undercoat they can float for a long, long time - one might even say they're "good buoys"...