• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcats at Mt. Hood

79bombi

Site Supporter
Just got back from Ski Racing Summer Camp at Mt Hood. Got some good snowcat pics. A freakin ton of snow out there - they have had over 800 inches. 3-4 feet in the woods at the village of Government Camp. I saw some Tucker Pontoons rusting away in Governmant Camp and some other assorted cats that looked in need of rescue.

I was told this Thiokol was the one from the movie The Shining

2008-6-18mthood200.jpg

2008-6-18mthood202.jpg

2008-6-18mthood045.jpg

2008-6-18mthood046.jpg

2008-6-18mthood206.jpg

2008-6-18mthood210.jpg

2008-6-18mthood212.jpg

2008-6-18mthood047.jpg

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the great pictures !!!!

Must be fabulous to go skiing in June ... not to mention the good sized mountains out there :thumb:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What brand snowcat is the Red Bull unit?

I know Red Bull does some pretty cool marketing, they have a pretty extreme Pinzgauer for offroading, but I would have never guessed they have a snowcat.

196636036_a77cebfbfb.jpg

red_bull_6x6_1.jpg

79bombi

Site Supporter
Yeah, I want to say it is a Pisten Bully. Most of the other cats they use at Mt Hood seem to be Bombardiers/Prinoth (I saw one of the new big ones but didn't get a shot). I saw Free Skier Tanner Hall so I suspect the Red Bull Cat was being used for a photo shoot.

I talked to the driver of the salt spreader cat. He goes up the hill around 4 pm to spread salt to harden it for the groomer cats. In the morning it starts around 30 degrees but warms up from there.

79Bombi