Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > Snowcat Restoration & Modification Projects Forum

Snowcat Restoration & Modification Projects Forum Major Restorations, Upgrades, and Non-Stock Snowcat Modifications

Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Melensdad will become famous soon enoughMelensdad will become famous soon enough
Default Kristi snowcat For Sale on Ebay

Here is a Kristi, owned by one of our ForumsForums members, although he only infrequently visits. This is underpriced at this point. I believe he had 2 Kristis and maybe another brand too???

Here is a link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Krist...spagenameZWDVW

Ebay has not has as much activity this past season with selling snowcats as it had in some of the past years. I'm not sure why. But if you know anyone looking for a Kristi, or for a small personal snowcat that can be hauled by a modest tow vehicle, let them know about this auction. I'm sure the price will end up higher than the current $1000 but I believe this same Kristi was purchased 2 seasons ago for under $5000. It will be interesting to see who the buyer is and if they plan to restore it. Lets hope this sells for a good price! Snowcats seem to be increasing in value over the past few years.
Attached Images

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 AM
My Pup '960218-'110925

Bobcat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kristi snowcat For Sale on Ebay

Let's hope it doesn't sell for a good price, that is to say I hope it goes CHEAP....I am bidder #1.

At another site...it was posted that he wanted 4800 firm for this one and 5k for the other, or 9K for both.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
-bumpersticker
Old 03-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Melensdad will become famous soon enoughMelensdad will become famous soon enough

Well I remember when this same unit sold on Ebay we also featured the auction here. I really don't have the time today to go digging through the archives to find it, but I seem to recall him paying under $5000 for it, maybe under $4000?

But then he and I corresponded quite a while later and for some reason I thought he bought another brand? Or maybe he had a bunch of snowmobiles and just needed to get out from under some of his machines? Have you talked with him about these Kristis he's selling?

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 03-26-2008, 09:36 PM

flathorn is on a distinguished road

This Kristi, when you hit the reserve will pay for what I paid for it when I bought it and about 1/2 of its transport cost to the left coast. The Imp sold back to who I purchased it from 10 years earlier.
I had 4 snowcats until about 2 months ago. working my way down to just 1. It is the project KT4 I bought from Big Al. I have sold the Imp recently and am going to sell the 2 KT3s I have. If I can't get what I have invested in them back, then they won't sell. The KT3s are really pretty cool, and I would have kept 1 if I didn't have the KT4. It has WAAAY more room and the ski action tracks and will be amphib when done. Everything I wanted in a snow cat.
My cabin in Alaska is 13 miles from nearest road and we cover about 3 miles over a lake and cross 1 river to get there. My main reason for the KT4 amphib.
I read this site nearly every evening, just don't contribute much unless it is an area I have some expertise in.This is a really good site , and it is great that some of you have so much knowledge and are willing to share it. Byron
Old 03-30-2008, 10:36 PM
My Pup '960218-'110925

Didn't meet the reserve.

-bumpersticker
Old 03-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Boggie likes our museum

Mainer is on a distinguished road

In this economy (for some time to come) $3K seems appropriate!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 PM
My Pup '960218-'110925

Wrong time of year during any economy, I think. I had bid higher than 3K. Expected someone to leapfrog me, but they were doing minimum increments. Cheapos!

-bumpersticker
Old 03-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Boggie likes our museum

Mainer is on a distinguished road

So you're going to pick it up for a healthy $3K then I assume after you have a 'whats reasonable' discusion with the seller? I mean... what kind of disruption in the galaxial karma would we both make if you (currenlty in a committed Kristi relationship), bought a THIOKOL and I (well, you know), bought a Kristi !?!?! Haysoos! Hillary may become president then! You willing to risk that kind of global gloom & doom? OK, OK, no more politics, sorry, I couldn't resist.