• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Waterproof Camera Case

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The family tends to spend a reasonable amount of time in the water and I picked up a Waterproof camera case a couple years ago, thought I would share it as it is good for things other than use under water.

This is a great case for use at a beach, picnic, poolside or anyplace where there is the possibility of getting the camera EITHER wet OR dirty. I can't remember the cost, but it is designed by Canon and sold to fit their "S" series pocket cameras. I'm sure it is no longer sold, but I'd also bet that it has been replaced by another model. I've seen similar cases for other brands, so if you ever go places where you want to take photos but are afraid you will ruin your camera, you may want to consider a waterproof case.

For anyone interested in the specifics, this case is designed to be waterproof down to depths of 140' and I admit that I only take it to snorkel depths so it has not been below 10' or 12' feet of water. It also floats so if you drop it, it will rise to the surface.

Every control can be easily operated underwater EXCEPT the right side latch, which probably could be opened underwater but is actually difficult to manipulate (probably a good thing):rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1canon-front.jpg
    1canon-front.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 1canon-front-bottom.jpg
    1canon-front-bottom.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 1canon-open-empty.jpg
    1canon-open-empty.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1canon-open-with-camera.jpg
    1canon-open-with-camera.jpg