• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old oil Furnace w/ air added

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have been doing Hvac for probably 15 years off and on.. Been helping my buddy that does HVAC everyday for the last 20 years..Got a call 2 days ago that the airconditioner was freezing up..nothing was blowing out her ducts... I figured it was dirty filter..not so..It was no blower fan running making it freeze up.. so we dicided it was the fan central control..running off the limit switch..had one in the van..change out just like old one that had been working...one wire at a time..same install..5hrs. Later...it's either fan running all the time..or not at all..:hammer:.. Iv'e wired it six way to sunday..even drove to dayton and got a scamatic..didn't work..been through all the Therm. wires..everything is the same..or should be..it was working before...I'm about to pull whats left of my hair out..:hammer::hammer: .. So who's the Electricion..thats going to point out the simple S#1T..that i'm missing.....:yum::whistling::beer::hide:..B,...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Check the fan on contacts in the T-stat. Could be they are welded closed. T-stat could just be bad also. T-stat is usually the last thing we want to check and it has screwed me over before.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I've been saying T-Stat for both days we have been there...Spending way to much time in a basement that i can't stand up in..Lol..Trying to convince him that...we changed out wire for wire..and it was working fine before ..that we don't need to change anything..then he pulls out a jumper and trys to prove something..I'v not been upstair's in the house..probably the battery is dead ..?:w00t2: