• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC/LMC broke

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I only speak orange, I need some help here. Machine hit stump and tore off front wheel way up on the mountain. Lucky to have a welder with Sno-Cat which can go to repair. What do we need to bring to fix this rig? Angle, strap, TNT what ever. Thanks for the help. Nice to have the right stuff when going way back in the sticks.

Attachments

• LMC 3.JPG
    LMC 3.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 344
  • LMC 2.JPG
    LMC 2.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 346
  • LMC 1.JPG
    LMC 1.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 350

mkntrakes

Wow never seen one sheer off like that . You could take next axle back and put it in place of front and drive out without second axle just need not make any hard turns and keep speed down

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since it’s toast anyway and you have a welder,cut off the stub that’s broke and weld it right to the end of the axle,in the appropriate position. just try not to hit anymore on the way out

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fashion an old guard rail into a skid with up curved approach angle and get it under the remaining wheels. Torch holes in it so you can chain it to the chassis framework. Get a larger snowcat to drag it out. Worked for us on Buffalo Pass a few years back.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What does this machine weigh? The owner says he can run the machine using the good track to help forward travel. Should bee fun. Thank you makntrakes, MNoutdoors, and mtncrawler.

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Where there is a will there is a way. I just unloaded a whole logging truck load of firewood with a cat 216 skid steer with a brush grapple/bucket on it!!! Upgrade from 5 years ago when we did it with just the pallet forks on the same machine, you have to get your balance point "just right"