• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bear mauls small plane for food, Duct Tape repair makes it fly again!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Look what a bear did in the Alaskan wilderness when a cooler with food was left on board over night. The pilot used his radio to have another pilot bring him 2 new tires, 3 cases of duct tape and some sheet plastic. He patched it together and flew it home! Moral of the story - never leave home without some duct tape.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 356

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If a bear can do this to an airplane looking for a snack ... This is a good example of why it pays to be very careful in the wilderness. Backpackers tend to hang their food from a rope that is strung between 2 trees to keep their food away from bears. My guess is that this pilot will take his cooler out of his plane next time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 352

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
But this is also a good example of how to be resourcesful in the wilderness. A little duct tape can fix almost anything! In this case about 3 cases (not sure how many rolls that equals) and the plane flew home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 353

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
bears will tear up any thing that smells like has a poly urethane smell like plastic gas cans and seats. I have a nice pantera snow machine that has been attacked by a bear. the other problem is moose seems a Stinson 108 is their favorite airframe to fall in love with during rut super cubs and t crafts also seem to fall victim some times I have never heard of a Cessna being attacked by a moose. the moral to the story park next to the Stinson 108 and your cub will be safe.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
neighbor said a problem bear stood up and reached for him as he flew low over it. he then said he'll never do that again. it was a super cub.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
like men when breading season comes around and the boar doesn't get laid they tend to be pretty grumpy. most of the time they are around and you wont know it

Dude111

Banned
Melensdad said:
If a bear can do this to an airplane looking for a snack ... This is a good example of why it pays to be very careful in the wilderness.
Yes he is very lucky he had the tape to make it flyable!!!!! (W/o it the wind would be too great I think to fly that)

Wow..........