• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looks no one has posted this one here yet so ........

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The sheriffs department called me on the value of the machine last week.

I told them around 20K would be about right

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The prep on this machine is impressive.

How it warrants a poor condition is mind blowing.

If you need a towable, large interior over the snow transportation that is roomy enough to be considered a tiny house in some locales.....

there it is. I neglected to see the hour meter, but the wear on the side hilling plates is not the worst and or it was rarely used?

Idling hours pile up fast.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
The sheriffs department called me on the value of the machine last week.

I told them around 20K would be about right

The other night my snowcat buddy, Scott and I were discussing this machine and what would be a reasonable value. My initial thought was exactly the same same number as yours!

But I recall forum member Mountain Lights had an awfully nice Thiokol with wide tracks, the same cab design, and a front blade (although the machine was older) and it was for sale at $15K for eons.

I could easily be wrong, but I think pricing on used Tuckers tends to be more consistent and understandable. Pricing on Thiokols tends to be all over the place, and the differences don't seem rational, at least not to me.

With 11 days to go, two bidders seem to be battling each other, but at this point the numbers are too low to be meaningful. I'm going to watch and potentially bid....

PJL

Good eye Pat, that's the same one. That engine compartment must have been a mess with all the AC equipment and hydraulics. The tall gearing makes sense since it was used in the salt flats.

The 130 hours visible on the meter is probably accurate. It had 110 when they got it.

I wonder if they got their gearing issues sorted out.

Mine tops at 15 mph at 3600 RPM. It climbs hills just fine. As long as you aren't in any hurry.

Last edited:

Snowcat Pat

I typed the r&p wrong, it's 4.45 (not 4.11).

They changed the drop box gears to low speed to help climbing but also the altitude was a problem. Looks like they used the newest version of AFI's efi (not the old GM tbi version).

The 5 axle configuration was an option which most C models had but standard was 4 intermediate axles, saves weight and cost I suppose but less load capacity and I believe less traction.

Looks like Snowcatinc is wanting this one.

-Pat

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the sun glass guys machine was not towable with out dropping a track. if you have a permanent spot and wide roads that would have been fine.

the standard machine is tow able, thus much more desirable....

each machine has its purpose.

this machine will be a great buy under its valuation of 20K

I would like to know what became of the 1.83 gears...... if they are under the seat, that is a 1800 rebate

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
If anyone needs any information on this cat please let me know. Thanks

PJL

How did you guys work out the throttle linkage and the transmission kickdown on the AFI system?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was not to bad it involved making a bracket to change the throw 90 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_20191022_092638084.jpg
    IMG_20191022_092638084.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 544

PJL

Cool, thanks. Ours runs great with the AFI. Easy starting, no vapor lock.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't enter a bid as the numbers were above what I was willing to pay when I checked just prior to bidding.

I also didn't see the final auction result, but the last bid amount I saw was $29,026, and when you add the 7% auction premium, that brings the total up to $31,058. That doesn't strike me as a bargain....

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
towable.
elbow room
dead pan reliable in proper maint
able
Low hours ( given track wear and fit and finish)
AC is a plus
given a need for the above what is available?

I bet the 30K mark is "1/2 of 1/2"
I understand 1/2 of 1/2 is 25% but I feel anything is a bargain if you buy it at that price point.
so this cat appears to have proper maintenance and prep. if you wanted the equivalent new what would you pay?
is 30K 25%?

HankScorpio

It closed for right about $34K with auction fees. I really thought it would stop about $25K. A buddy was bidding on it, Its only a couple hours away but we thought it went for too much. I guess that's a new benchmark to keep in mind on pricing.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are the pictures I promised couple days late

Attachments

• IMG_20191112_140241703.jpg
    IMG_20191112_140241703.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20191112_140414584.jpg
    IMG_20191112_140414584.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 175