• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hydro-Fracking a well (it worked for me)

JimR

Charter Member
This is for anyone who might have a not so productive artesian well. Our well is 565 feet deep. It was drilled in 1975. The last few years (about 10 actually) it has had problems like running out of water. A month ago we had it hydro-fracked. This is where a well company inserts an expandable bladder into your well just below the casing depth and seals off the well. They then pump 2000 gallons of water into your well using a high pressure pump capable of producing 3000 psi of pressure. This is supposed to blow open any water veins in the well that may have blocked off over the years or open veins that may be partialy plugged. The highest reading I saw on the pump was up around 600 psi. It then slowly dropped off to around 250 psi until the water ran out from the tanker truck. I can honestly say that this procedure worked for us. We now have more water than ever before. We used to be able to do only 3 loads of laundry and take two showers in a day before the well ran dry. The next day would be showers only as the well would need two days to fully recover. So far we have been able to run the water for over 3 hours straight and still have plenty of water pressure. I've tried this several times by just letting a water hose at basement level run full wide open a max of 3 hours. I keep trying to get the wife to run off about 5 loads of laundry. She refuses to do that much at one time. I can't say that I blame her on doing that amount of laundry in a day. The price was $2K with a guaranty that they will come back one more time if it doesn't provide you with more water than before. It took over a week for the water to clear itself of dirt. I have a filter system at the tank that filled up a few times with dirt after having this procedure done. We could have had a new well dug. The cost would have been well over $5k with the tying in to the lines and eveything to the house. We felt this was money "Well" spent.