• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Single guys DO cook.

Treefriend

Banned
Single guys cook their own meals, do marrieds? It's either

cook your own or eat out all the time. Eating out is a risk.

I have a few places I trust to go back to but a few months ago

I went to an untested restaurant and sure enough, I got mildly ill...

after avoiding illness all winter. It's getting to the point that if I do not cook it myself

I don't trust it. And before you accuse me of being paranoid know this;

I used to work in restaurants when I was in my early 20's and I saw what

went on both in the front and in the back of the house. You'd be

worried too if you had seen any of that. It has not changed since then.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All I know is that my wife tells me that a man washing the dishes is SEXY

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I always cook my own breakfast and do all the grilling around here. Made breakfast and lunch yesterday. Here is yesterdays lunch.

Attachments

• goldatron 029.jpg
    goldatron 029.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 160

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep! I might even throw some steaks on the grill for supper. We are up to 40F today.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I do allot of the cooking at our house. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes and such. My first full-time job was as a cook in a local restaurant.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and split the cooking pretty much, though lately I've been doing more than she. I can't remember ever being single but do enjoy cooking. I find it relaxing for the most part.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I know what you are saying about restaurants.
And wanting to cook your own food.
When I was in 8th grade i washed dishes after school by hand at a Chinese restaurant. There were two tubs one with soap and one for rinse. It was too busy to change the water, so the rinse tub was very dirty and not hot anymore.
The dishes in the drain rack were wet and needed right away. The waitresses would use the used dinner napkins to dry them. At the time none of that seemed unusual.

One thing really stuck out however, and that was when I saw the owner drop a to go container of fried rice on the floor. Half spilled out. He just scooped in most of it and put it under the heat lamp.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I cook on the grills outside and that's it. I have a smoker grill and an regular grill. We do grill out often. Other than that I do help clean up after dinner.

On eating out ... I have a very hard time every eating cole slaw at KFC. Some school mates had a job there and told stories of the stuff they would put in the cole slaw. :puke1: :puke2: :puke2:

I suppose if I were smart I'd avoid cole slaw at all restaurants ....but I still have it every once in awhile. :hide:

BamsBBQ

of course i cook..lol

i learned to cook when i was single and did almost all of the cooking in any relationship i was in. i am single again so i just cook for myself now:clap:

now when it comes to restaurants, i am a food snob... if my food doesnt look right or is not cooked the way i ask for it, back to the kitchen it goes..when it comes back to me,if its not right still, i usually tell them to not bother because we will be here all night...lol

i as well have worked in the front and back of the restaurants...yes crappy things go on in them...when i work at a place, those things dont go on for very long...food safety and customer satisfaction is number one...

Lia

Banned
On eating out ... I have a very hard time every eating cole slaw at KFC. Some school mates had a job there and told stories of the stuff they would put in the cole slaw. :puke1: :puke2: :puke2:

I suppose if I were smart I'd avoid cole slaw at all restaurants ....but I still have it every once in awhile. :hide:

Oh man! I am out of town all next week, and will have to rely on hotel and restaurant food... :unsure:

now when it comes to restaurants, i am a food snob... if my food doesnt look right or is not cooked the way i ask for it, back to the kitchen it goes..when it comes back to me,if its not right still, i usually tell them to not bother because we will be here all night...lol

Aren't you afraid that they might do awful things to your food if they have to take it away? I used to complain, until I heard about stories such as these; now, I don't even complain about grubby cutlery, I just wipe them clean with a napkin. :///

It's ok I guess if one knows and trusts the restaurant, but if one is in a strange place...

BamsBBQ

Oh man! I am out of town all next week, and will have to rely on hotel and restaurant food... :unsure:

Aren't you afraid that they might do awful things to your food if they have to take it away? I used to complain, until I heard about stories such as these; now, I don't even complain about grubby cutlery, I just wipe them clean with a napkin. :///

It's ok I guess if one knows and trusts the restaurant, but if one is in a strange place...

no you just have to complain nicely the first time... when my food is not right, the stuff i get back the second time shouldnt be the same food as i sent back the first time, if it is..then i wont eat at all there...

i have a prime example of this...we went to a very nice steak house in Louisianna.. ordered a very expensive ribeye.. cooked as we always get it..medium rare...

the first try...no pink in the steak at all...well done....second steak...same thing.... waitress was very nice and understanding... third time it was blue rare.... the manager comes over and asks what seems to be the problem..tell her the story and on top of the steak she is trying to peddle off as a ribeye is not really that..(we kind of know our meat since we sell it when we live in california..lol)she walks away with the third steak mumbling to herself... we were still within earshot of her and heard her say that we were just trying to get free food and that our steak wasnt rare, it was medium rare...

we called the waitress and manager over...told her that the waitress was a very nice girl and should get a raise..told the manager that she was a piece of bleep and should be fired... she totalled up our sides that we ate...

i proceeded to give the waitress i believe it was 30 dollar tip(which would have been the balance of the meal anyways) and then told the manager again...see were not trying to get a free meal but seeing as your waitress was so nice she gets to keep the money and not your lousy restaurant..

sorry for such a long story...i am on a caffeine buzz..lol

the point is... make sure you are friendly with your waitress and tell her you will tip her well if she notices anybody doing anything to your food...you will be surprised at how well your food turns out and how safe it is..lol

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I'm the cook in the house.
Even when SWMBO says she's going to cook dinner, somehow i end up doing most of it, including loading the plates and passing them out.

Lia

Banned
I'm the cook in the house.
Even when SWMBO says she's going to cook dinner, somehow i end up doing most of it, including loading the plates and passing them out.

Ah yes, that would be because, like most women, she multi-tasks...? just with the million and one things that a housewife has to do, besides making sure he's fed and watered every day? :biggrin:

Lia

Banned
we went to a very nice steak house in Louisianna.. ordered a very expensive ribeye.. cooked as we always get it..medium rare...

OMG!!!! You're a cannibal!! :ermm: I like my meat dead!!

I once had a friend in hysterics when we breakfasted at a hotel and, horrified at the sight of our nearly raw sausages, I turned an awful shade of green, according to him anyway. I've never been back to that chain and never will. Ugh!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

I once had a friend in hysterics when we breakfasted at a hotel and, horrified at the sight of our nearly raw sausages, I turned an awful shade of green, according to him anyway. I've never been back to that chain and never will. Ugh!!
Got to agree with getting it cooked all the way through. I want my meat well done not with blood oozing out of it.
:hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess you want breakfast as well! Egg beaters and well cooked breakfast sausages with whole grain toast?Sliced oranges as a desert?

Lia

Banned
Oh gosh! You meant it! Mel's back; I thought you were kidding. lol

I have an intolerance for eggs, would end up in ER having a stomach pump if'n I were to eat them... and am allergic to citric fruits.

A couple of years ago, I was invited to Thanksgiving with some new friends who made their mashed potato's with beaten eggs added... I spent a good few hours in ER. Didn't occur to me that anyone would add eggs to mash...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cheerios and 2% milk is the best alternative I can offer. Maybe some oatmeal?

BamsBBQ

yup i like my steak cooked that way...the longer you cook a steak the tougher it gets but to each their own.lol

16iwq3o.jpg

2960nyd.jpg

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a grandson in law that wants his steak burnt to charcoal. Me it is rare to medium rare tops. I like it to twitch when I stick a fork into it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh gosh! You meant it! Mel's back; I thought you were kidding. lol

I have an intolerance for eggs, would end up in ER having a stomach pump if'n I were to eat them... and am allergic to citric fruits.

A couple of years ago, I was invited to Thanksgiving with some new friends who made their mashed potato's with beaten eggs added... I spent a good few hours in ER. Didn't occur to me that anyone would add eggs to mash...
Eggs in mashed potatoes?? Did they just stir them into the hot cooked potatoes and serve them? ick!
I love eggs but they don't really like me. They irritate my stomach a little, and always have since I was a kid.
So, if I have eggs at any meal- it sorta kills my appetite for the rest of the day - not to say I get sick... they just make me feel full and a teensy bit bloated.

Lia

Banned
Oh my! BamsBBQ, that bottom pic looks possitively obscene... urgh!!! lol

joec, want it to twitch? It never ceases to amaze me at how different we all are as a species, that one guy's meat is another's poison. :unsure:

pirate_girl, yes, the hostess did. It didn't occur to me to query whether eggs would be used with a Thanksgiving dinner; I mean, one might expect them to be used in a side dish, but, not the main course; and so I never thought to mention that they can be lethal to me.

It wasn't until later, when I became ill that I asked about eggs, and was astounded to find out that it was the custom with the hostess to whip raw eggs into mashed potato's. :ermm:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my! BamsBBQ, that bottom pic looks possitively obscene... urgh!!! lol

joec, want it to twitch? It never ceases to amaze me at how different we all are as a species, that one guy's meat is another's poison. :unsure:

pirate_girl, yes, the hostess did. It didn't occur to me to query whether eggs would be used with a Thanksgiving dinner; I mean, one might expect them to be used in a side dish, but, not the main course; and so I never thought to mention that they can be lethal to me.

It wasn't until later, when I became ill that I asked about eggs, and was astounded to find out that it was the custom with the hostess to whip raw eggs into mashed potato's. :ermm:

I would question whether steaming hot mashed potatoes could cook raw eggs thoroughly enough for eating--after stirring them in..
To each their own! :sick: