• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Contaminated Cookies?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Contaminated Cookies? A.K.A stupid question.

Any master bakers here?
After I baked my cookies today. I noticed a store receipt in the oven,
It wasn't hot enough for that to have caught fire and burnt. But it was singed.
Yeah I know I'm paranoid but any chance of fumes from that ink getting in my cookies?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Contaminated Cookies? A.K.A stupid question.

Any master bakers here?
After I baked my cookies today. I noticed a store receipt in the oven,
It wasn't hot enough for that to have caught fire and burnt. But it was singed.
Yeah I know I'm paranoid but any chance of fumes from that ink getting in my cookies?

Doubt it.
The ink probably dried out once it heated, thus no worries of cross contamination.
Signed,
Not a master baker, just a guesser.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Like PG, not an expert, but I doubt the ink is toxic.

Kids eat anything. Inks prepared for homes would most likely be edible. I wouldn't worry about it.

From a personal standpoint, we have a screen printing shop. and use a lot of ink. While the ink we use gives off an odor, it is non toxic. T shirts are heated to a fairly high temperature to dry with no adverse effects.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, if I had used my head for something other than a hat rack I should have known that.
I never thought about all the crap that is burnt when cooking on a campfire.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A kid will drop it in a pile of dog crap then pick it up and eat it so I doubt that this would affect anything.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk