• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's getting a little late for peas JEV. Get them in soon.

Finished getting everything else in the garden yesterday (tomatoes, peppers, canteloupe, corn, basil, cabbage, cucumbers...).

Today I'm getting everything together for a Cub Scouting weekend. Looks like great weather for it!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
being beyond pissed. i wasn't aware money was meant to try & buy love. nobody is permitted my love for $$. 'nuff said.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Pressure washed the house and garage. Planted some flowers and then thought the wife and I should go topless for a ride in the roadster. The insurance company said that putting the car back on the policy will not take effect until midnight. So we wait until tomorrow. :biggrin:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Pressure washed the house and garage. Planted some flowers and then thought the wife and I should go topless for a ride in the roadster. The insurance company said that putting the car back on the policy will not take effect until midnight. So we wait until tomorrow. :biggrin:

okay, how can i remain a grump after reading that~ my cheeks're rosy as u made me laugh, 'an when i turn pink.

that's cute. behave.:whistling::biggrin:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

Don't forget to post some pics of you and the wife topless in the roadster! :brows:

:nopics:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
okay, how can i remain a grump after reading that~ my cheeks're rosy as u made me laugh, 'an when i turn pink.

that's cute. behave.:whistling::biggrin:

Glad I could oblige. :biggrin: No, we will not behave. No fun it that. I may be old, but I ain't dead yet. :yum:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Funny today is the first day of quite around here and just in time. Have had grand daughter, her husband and 3 kids here for a week. My wife and I are shutting down tomorrow for our monthly shoot and they have been gone all day. Tomorrow we will be gone by the time they wake up and will be out tomorrow as they rented a house yesterday and move in tomorrow.

All I can say is the middle child, a 2 year old boy is if I had to spend one more week with him 24/7 I would tear up his birth certificate, dye his hair black, dye his skin brown and report him as an illegal alien so the deport him to Mexico. At mine and my wife's ages we aren't geared to deal with 2 year old children any more. Think poster child for birth control. However the 4 month old and 5 year old are a pleasure. :whistling:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
All I can say is the middle child, a 2 year old boy is if I had to spend one more week with him 24/7 I would tear up his birth certificate, dye his hair black, dye his skin brown and report him as an illegal alien so the deport him to Mexico.
Grumpy old f*ck aren't ya?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Grumpy old f*ck aren't ya?

I can be especially when a 2 year old wakes you at 6 AM screaming because he wants something and continues till he falls asleep about 8 PM. So that is none stop screaming and I don't mean crying just screaming just to scream. Oh and it has been a solid 8 days now since they got here in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment attached to my business office. Besides I have other choices such as retroactive birth control. :w00t2: :wink:

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Right in the middle of My Nap time..I got a call of the Subway..30 miles away..not cooling...he said he thought it was the condensing fan...Roof top unit..none in stock..wonder why climbing ladders has changed over the years..i don't like it......Byron..

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Right in the middle of My Nap time..I got a call of the Subway..30 miles away..not cooling...he said he thought it was the condensing fan...Roof top unit..none in stock..wonder why climbing ladders has changed over the years..i don't like it......Byron..

Yup, I am no fan of extension ladders. I'll go up there in a line truck or climb with spikes but those ladders I got no use for. Those days are over at any rate. :clap:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
After a long day (week) of windshield installations, I'm about to mix up #3 Windsor and diet Coke.

2043.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Let the weekend begin, I say!!
So glad to have 3 days off after an unusually stressful week at work.
Shouldn't really say today was all that stressful.. I worked on the rehab unit.. the nursing home wings are becoming almost too much to handle for any of us! grrrrrrr

Quoth the administrator: we don't accept bad behavior cases.

Ummm.. yes you do!
Explain Mr. Wild Man on the east wing.. Jesus God Almighty..
Can't say more about it.. but it's bad with ALL of the behavior cases we have now.
They should be at the facility across town.. and not with us.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Let the weekend begin, I say!!
So glad to have 3 days off after an unusually stressful week at work.
Shouldn't really say today was all that stressful.. I worked on the rehab unit.. the nursing home wings are becoming almost too much to handle for any of us! grrrrrrr

Quoth the administrator: we don't accept bad behavior cases.

Ummm.. yes you do!
Explain Mr. Wild Man on the east wing.. Jesus God Almighty..
Can't say more about it.. but it's bad with ALL of the behavior cases we have now.
They should be at the facility across town.. and not with us.

You nurses are the foot soldiers. You guys have a tough job. My wife used to work for a home health agency in hospice. Not easy.

Now she is a massage therapist with her office right here at the house. Never been better. I figured all these years she was rubbing me the wrong way so now she can make money off of that skill. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Calling it a night, (early for me,innit?) for it being Saturday.
Sleep well all, when you get there.
Hugs

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Putting a water softener in. Bought a built-in coffee maker, that requires soft water for the boiler, less than 4g. City is about 10g.

A small dedicated replaceable cartridge softener costs almost as much as a whole house softener, so I am going whole house.

Salt should last a long time though!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Planting things and sweating. 78 already and sun is beating down. Will need to run the sprinklers after planting some more trees and black raspberries.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Chillaxing..
It's already 82 degrees and supposed to get up near 90, then storm a little tomorrow to cool things down for a day, then back to the hot temps again.

Going to take the rat to the park this evening for her walk.
Not doing much else today, and it's niiiiiice lol

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Putting a water softener in. Bought a built-in coffee maker, that requires soft water for the boiler, less than 4g. City is about 10g.

A small dedicated replaceable cartridge softener costs almost as much as a whole house softener, so I am going whole house.

Salt should last a long time though!

I use Potassium Cloride in my softener. Much better for my septic system and does wonders to help my low salt doctor mandated diet. Trouble is, it cost more, but we are worth it. :biggrin:

Sorry for off topic. I will go now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Took a break from planting and finally got the rest of the grass mowed. First time this year out around the woodpiles and barn. Was like making hay. Will need to do it all over again in a day or two. Dandelion stems are jumping up on what I mowed the other day and none of it was mowed short at all.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The rain sure made our grass grow and delayed me from mowing. Thinking of getting one of those TSC lawn sweepers / baggers to better clean up the clumps of grass.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my Mom visited, i began to prep for school (begins again in the morning), took a stroll to the park w/ blake, resumed prepping, including washing my 1 set of knives/kitch' items & thier covers, getting them into my fave knife bag, packing my bookbag (that took awhile!), & getting my uniform together. cooked us dinner. relaxing now. bath, the bar for a few, snooze by 10:00, maybe 11, tonite. gotta be awake by 5:45 in the morning.

Leni

Not a fun day. I went to my garden today to do some weeding and managed to lose my balance and fall over the chicken wire fence that I put up to keep the bunnies out. Skinned the h**l out of my left shin. Too thin for stitches so they taped me up with steri strips. It was about noon and getting close to 100. I think that the heat got to me. From now on I go in the evening.

My son and his wife are coming for dinner. I'm keeping it simple. Grilled rib eyes, corn, and a spinach salad from TJ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.