• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chelsea Manning to remain in Army, receive health care benefits after prison release

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/1...ealth-care-benefits-after-prison-release.html

This is just another fuck you America left by that fucking pig obama. :soapbox:

Manning should have been tried for treason and executed. :furious::furious::furious:

Chelsea Manning will remain on active duty following her release from military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas on May 17, the U.S. Army said Sunday.

Manning will be an unpaid soldier and will be eligible for health care and other benefits, USA Today reported. Army spokesman Dave Foster told the paper that she will remain a private in the Army.

“Pvt. Manning is statutorily entitled to medical care while on excess leave in an active duty status, pending final appellate review,” Foster said.
Manning was granted clemency in the final days of the Obama administration. She thanked former President Obama last Tuesday in her first statement since being granted clemency.

"For the first time, I can see a future for myself as Chelsea," she said in the statement. "I can imagine surviving and living as the person who I am and can finally be in the outside world. Freedom used to be something that I dreamed of but never allowed myself to fully imagine."

Manning, a former intelligence analyst in Iraq, was convicted in 2013 of leaking more than 700,000 secret military and State Department documents and battlefield video to WikiLeaks. She served nearly seven years of her 35-year sentence at Fort Leavenworth. She was known as Bradley Manning before transitioning in prison.

Manning, a native of Crescent, Oklahoma, was convicted in a military court martial of 20 counts, including six Espionage Act violations, theft and computer fraud. Manning was acquitted of the most serious charge of aiding the enemy.

Manning acknowledged leaking the materials, saying she wanted to expose the U.S. military's disregard about the effects of war on civilians. She also said she released information that she didn't believe would harm the U.S.
Manning was arrested in 2010, and came out as transgender after being sentenced. She filed a transgender rights lawsuit and attempted suicide twice last year, according to her lawyers.

Her attorneys said Manning was subjected to violence in prison and argued the military mistreated her by requiring her to serve her sentence in an all-male prison, restricting her physical and mental health care, and not allowing her to wear a feminine-style haircut.

rugerman

Ain't a she, it's a it, or a altered male! I say kick its ass out for behavior unbecoming or moral turpitude, or treason. Hell the little it has proven that it can't be trusted so why should the taxpayers have to foot the bill for anything pertaining to its well being. Just more of the obama "screw America first plan". Damn I hate that jackass!

rugerman

Oh it will have a job, it will be on every lame stream media so called news show letting it tell how mistreated it was while in that nasty old man prison.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I may be the confused one here, but why would anyone convicted of espionage be deemed suitable for military service, even with no pay. What is that about?

With no pay she won't even be able to buy her panties.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
It is entitled to medical care while in an excess leave status but not pay and allowances.

Okay, for the "purists" out there:
It IS entitled to pay and allowances but it's excess leave status means that those are forfeited at the same rate as they are earned, for a net $$$ of zero.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I still don't think the taxpayers should have to provide medical care for it. This is nothing but another fook you from BO!!
Mike

rugerman

Myself, send the damn bill to obama the red, he is responsible for this crap, better yet stop his pension, etc and give it to the it. Ah beautiful dreams.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I still don't think the taxpayers should have to provide medical care for it. This is nothing but another fook you from BO!!
Mike

Myself, send the damn bill to obama the red, he is responsible for this crap, better yet stop his pension, etc and give it to the it. Ah beautiful dreams.
BHO has nothing to do with this. It is a matter of federal law that has been in effect for decades.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
BHO has nothing to do with this. It is a matter of federal law that has been in effect for decades.

Just curious, is it possible for the army to recall "Her" to active duty?
Then they could send "her" to some Hell-hole to serve out "her" service.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Just curious, is it possible for the army to recall "Her" to active duty?
Then they could send "her" to some Hell-hole to serve out "her" service.
Based on current duty status as a convicted member in an excess leave status pending final judicial review, the answer is "No". That could only happen if that judicial review reversed - set aside - the conviction and ordered a full restoration which is, to put it mildly, unlikely. :w00t2:

Edit: Even with a fully favorable review there is the question of Manning's EOS (End of Service date). If that has passed - quite possible - and Manning expresses no desire to reenlist it's all over.

Last edited: