• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Will the GOP use the so called Nuclear Option.......

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
this week to get Gorsuch confirmed. I say they had better, or they lose even more credibility they can't afford to lose after the Health Care Debacle.

What say you?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I would .... even if it was just to hear the Dems piss and moan and cry about it. They are just like a bunch of spoiled children. Someone needs to spank their collective asses and send them to their room. :biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The Democrat have given them both the opportunity and the lack of choice. So yes, they will.

They had better. indecision is a killer. Right or wrong Mitch,,,; make a choice. The USA highways are paved with squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
YES!!!!!!...............without a doubt......... the dems aren't gonna vote yes.

Confirm him and go home for the weekend

leadarrows

"The USA highways are paved with squirrels who couldn't make a decision."

A good friends dad was the one who gave all us young punks the sage advise we all needed. He always called losers squirrels. I have never seen it worded like this though...I like it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
"The USA highways are paved with squirrels who couldn't make a decision."

A good friends dad was the one who gave all us young punks the sage advise we all needed. He always called losers squirrels. I have never seen it worded like this though...I like it.

Thanks but the sage prose is not mine. Post 242 in Lessons in Life right here on FF.

Thank Doc for the wise and useful post.

Last edited:

rugerman

Hopefully the republicans will figure out that they have to quit playing mr. nice guy and start playing hard ball! Would the democrats use it-he'll yea-and they have? Will they ever say yes- I don't see that happening. Why waste anymore time on this issue, do it and be done. Get on to tax reform, a good replacement for Obamacare. Hell for years the republicans vote to ditch Obamacare and obama vitoed it, Donald Trump is in the whitehouse and is willing to kill it and republicans won't send him the same bill. How stupid is that? Why do republicans fight among themselves so much, don't they see it doesn't get them anywhere? They need to work together like the democrats do to be able to kick butt with out all this waiting around to see if the democrats will change their minds. My 2 cents.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Associate Justice Gorsuch will be sworn in on Monday! :clap::wow:A great day for the United State!
In this vein, I just sent the following to Little Chuckie Schumer:

Senator,

You made a major issue out of Republicans refusing to even hold hearings on Judge Garland last year, and have used that as a reason to oppose the nomination of Judge Gorsuch as an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. This leaves me in a bit of a quandary. Just a few years ago you made an issue out of a "lame duck" President, one with over 18 months left in office, trying to fill such a vacancy. As I recall, you were quite vehement in your opposition yet you have appeared to be incensed when that same logic was used to oppose Judge Garland. There appears to be only one actual difference in the two: the one you opposed was nominated by a Republican President and the one you are so apparently angered by was nominated by a Democrat - i.e., a purely political stance having nothing to do with the qualifications of the nominee.

If my observations are incorrect I would sincerely appreciate an explanation of your reasoning for both positions.

Whatever answer I get, if indeed I get an answer, will be posted here for your edification.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Associate Justice Gorsuch will be sworn in on Monday! :clap::wow:A great day for the United State!
In this vein, I just sent the following to Little Chuckie Schumer:

Senator,

You made a major issue out of Republicans refusing to even hold hearings on Judge Garland last year, and have used that as a reason to oppose the nomination of Judge Gorsuch as an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. This leaves me in a bit of a quandary. Just a few years ago you made an issue out of a "lame duck" President, one with over 18 months left in office, trying to fill such a vacancy. As I recall, you were quite vehement in your opposition yet you have appeared to be incensed when that same logic was used to oppose Judge Garland. There appears to be only one actual difference in the two: the one you opposed was nominated by a Republican President and the one you are so apparently angered by was nominated by a Democrat - i.e., a purely political stance having nothing to do with the qualifications of the nominee.

If my observations are incorrect I would sincerely appreciate an explanation of your reasoning for both positions.

Whatever answer I get, if indeed I get an answer, will be posted here for your edification.

Good letter, short and to the point. Kudos. However, unless you think a blue complexion is flattering color for you, I would not hold your breath waiting for an intelligent explanation.

rugerman

Yep bet you can hear the crickets real good. If chuck does reply I bet it will be along the lines of Hilary's "what difference does it make". Good letter by the way.