• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

HOT DOG stuffed Pizza Crust coming to a Pizza Hut near you

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why?

Seriously why would someone do this? I love pizza. I love hot dogs. But the two should never meet on the dinner table.

Leave it to Pizza Hut to bring it to you. Might have to totally boycott Pizza Hut (not that we get pizza from them very often).

From BUSINESS INSIDER
pizza hut hot dog stuffed crust
The hot dog stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut UK.

In 2012, Buzzfeed reported Pizza Hut UK released hot dog stuffed crust pizza. The pizza also hit Canada.
There have been commercials of the product in Australia and South Korea.

Now, that crazy menu item may be coming to a Pizza Hut near you.

TheImpulsiveBuy notes a reader sent in a photo of a promo ad, stating that the outrageous fusion food would be coming to Stateside Pizza Huts come June 18.

International Pizza Huts are known for releasing obscure and over-the-top foods. Singapore's "Double Sensation" pizza was essentially a pizza-within-a-pizza. Pizza Hut Middle East released two separate pizzas, one with a crust stuffed with cheeseburgers, and the other with a crust stuffed with chicken nuggets.

Only time will tell if this new over-the-top menu item will actually make it to your local Pizza Hut, and then, only time will tell if the ridiculous item will actually succeed. If not, it can always join the ranks of other failed fast food items.

To prepare yourself, you can watch the Australian commercial.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dIRy-pnqAew

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife worked for the Hut for 25 years until 2007. She showed me the pig crust this morning, she was sad it's come to this. I'm thinking it wouldn't be so bad ...........

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I had a buddy, (who has since passed away,) who owned a bar and he would make chili dog pizza which wasn't bad.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
those ads make me ill. i hafta look away.
they're 2 separate entities- i cannot comprehend them in 1 dish.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It may be un-American to say this but I've never been a pizza fan and even less of one since I was diagnosed as being diabetic. I can eat a slice now and again but if that's two or three times a year I'm overindulging. Now, hot dogs I love. Lose the bun and I can eat my weight in all beef wieners. Why anyone would even think of putting a wiener in a pizza crust is beyond me. Speak about getting the worst of both worlds!!!! I've never been accused of being gourmet but there are some things that even I won't eat.

Umberto

I just got some coarse ground buffalo hotdogs I'm looking forward to grilling this week.

As a teen, pizza was a treat made at home. I'm so sick of most pizza and will only get wood fired now.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Words I've never thought of uttering: "I'm so sick of PIZZA." :eek:

I've never had wood fired pizza. What is special about it and what am I missing?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We rarely order pizza. We prefer to buy the frozen ones when they come on sale. Makes a quick easy meal in a rush. We generally stick to what we know. Pep and cheese for the kids. Pep cheese mushroom and green pepper for us.
Would you believe they actually sell a poutine pizza up here. Not sure what that's about