• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Walter is wearing a Cone of Shame

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh Walter!

She has some sort of seasonal allergy. Won’t stop licking her paw. Doctor gave us a topical spray for her arm and said to use the cone for a week or two.

Attachments

• 069ABA6F-3F73-4E63-BB6B-0036EB8BFDBE.jpg
    069ABA6F-3F73-4E63-BB6B-0036EB8BFDBE.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 240

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Poor Walter. Our Sophie had to wear one for a month last year when she had Luxating Patella surgery on both knees. She was miserable, but the only way to keep her away from the stitches until everything healed.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This cone is semi-flexible. She doesn't object as much when she wore one of those old style plastic cones.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I know that those things serve a purpose but they are horrible. Our Gypsy had to wear one at the beginning of this year and she was miserable. We started out with one of the old fashioned plastic cones and she was so pathetic. I ran around East Texas until I found one of the soft, inflatable type. She was still pathetic but at least it was a bit more comfortable. I hope that we don't have to do that again!!!! Hell, I was miserable watching her wear it!!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a hard plastic cone that we used for our Akitas. It is bigger than Walter. Walter had a soft inflatable donut type that she used when she got 'fixed' but it was borrowed. I found this soft cone at the pet store, she really doesn't seem to mind but I'm not sure she can eat or drink with it one so she gets time out for food/water.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I know that those things serve a purpose but they are horrible. Our Gypsy had to wear one at the beginning of this year and she was miserable. We started out with one of the old fashioned plastic cones and she was so pathetic. I ran around East Texas until I found one of the soft, inflatable type. She was still pathetic but at least it was a bit more comfortable. I hope that we don't have to do that again!!!! Hell, I was miserable watching her wear it!!!!

I will second that. Our Sophie was thoroughly depressed while wearing it. Did not want to play, did not get all excited when she heard me grabbing the leash, nothing. That made it real hard as she needed the exercise as part of her recovery. The day it came off, it was a happy day for all of us. We had our old dog back.