• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A look into the future

dzalphakilo

Banned
Out running around with the wife, decided to get a quick bite to eat at the KFC in the local rural town. Looked like high school kids at the counter, ordered, and the misses got the reciept. She started laughing and I asked her why. She told me she would let me know when we sit down.

Turns out the "kid" rang me up as a senior citizen. Not sure if it was just a mistake or not, but growing the beard longer to play santa in a couple of weeks, and have more gray hairs (real bad in the beard) than I'd like to admit.

Just interesting, first time something like this has happened to me (I'm in my early 40's) and although I've always looked older for my age, mistake or not, made me think of what I'm actually going to go through down the road in time.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
dzalphakilo said:
...mistake or not, made me think of what I'm actually going to go through down the road in time.

Don't think of it that way, think of it in how much extra you'll save with senior citizen discounts! :yankchain: :hide:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A couple of weeks ago, I was getting ready to leave the house for work. On the TV was a commercial for AARP. I jokingly said, One dya I'll be old enough to join that. Ha Ha, I thought. Got to work and in my mailbox was an application from AARP.......Seems you can join when you turn 50. I tossed it in the recycle bin and laughed it off. At noon I go to lunch and order through a drive thru. My meal came to $6 something. I get to the window and the girl says..."With the discount it's $5 something. I paid and drove off not thinking anything. But halfway across the lot I wondered what the discount was for. On the receipt was a 15% Senior Citizen discount.......I died laughing. It was a good day :yum:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I turned 50 last month and I got my card too. Wife just laughed at me. Well she gets here in the next 7 months and then I can laugh.

murph