• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dems: GOP give up on Miller!!! ~ GOP: We support Miller!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So what is the truth? ABC broke a story that is widely being reported by sources like the Huffington Post, Democratic Underground and many other proclaiming that the GOP has officially given up on JOE MILLER who is running for Senate in Alaska.

FOX News and other conservative sources are claiming the ABC story is false.

Both ABC and FOX each claim sources inside the party.

So what is up?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 109

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

fubar

A long story, as short as I can make it....
Long ago and far away.....
the players:
Alaska Senator #1, Ted Stevens
Alaska Senator #2, Frank Murkowski
Arizona Senator, and Presidential candidate, John McCain
Bored Housewife, Sarah Palin
Senators Daughter & Local, small time politician, Lisa Murkowski

Chapter # 1, the Senator becomes the Gov....and appoints a Senator

The bored Housewife ran for and won small town mayor job, right as the city (Wasilla) was booming in size. The town's income is based on sales tax, and some big name national franchises just came into town, so all of a sudden the small town's coffers are swelling, lots of projects, lots of jobs and the small town Mayor now looks like a genious (Governor?).

The Two Senators are very sucessful, high seniority men, very serious (and very sucessfull) about getting funds for the State of Alaska.
When Senator #2, Frank Murkowski is tired of Democrat Governors wasting the hard earned funding he decides to run for Governor and WINS!!

One of the honors that go along with governnorship is the ability to replace a missing senator (himself)....Among the list of candidates are,
A. the bored housewife, Mayor Sarah Palin, who is politican' hard for this job, and
B. his daughter the local politician, Lisa Murkowski.

He selects his daughter over the bored housewife.....rut-row

Chapter #2 A woman's scorn

Sarah apparently vows to become Governor and remove Mr Murkowski, and the daughter that got her Senator job, Lisa Murkowski.
She wins the governorship based on how well the city that she used to mayor for is doing (remember the boom). But, she isn't really Governor material....(remember, she is a bored housewife, and oh, now a woman scorned). After making a few really dumb decisions, (and after the events in chapter #3) which are now finally coming to light, and under a torrent of ethics charges, she up and quits the Gov Job.....now thats a fine 'howdy do'.
Now, what about the daughter that got her job...

Chapter #3. The King maker (or in this case, the Queen maker)

Low and behold, Senator McCain needs a big headline splash to boost his presidential bid. Aha!! a unknown name that appears to be legitimate, Alaska Governor lady Sarah Palin.
During the run for the senate office, Alaska's #1 Senator, Ted Stevens becomes under investigation for ethics violations. To boost her position Sarah throws Ted Stevens under the bus and declares that he should resign his seat, during the elections....That annoucement helped cost him his job and he looses the Senators job to a Democrat. Later, Senator Steven's charges are dropped and there is no conviction...With the help of the bored housewife, Alaska lost a high seniorty senator, and the senate now has just enough democrats to jamb Ogama-care through congress. That was a dumb move on her part that cost the whole country a untold amount of $ and misery.
As the story goes, McCain lost his bid, and Sarah returns home, no job, but now has national recognition...as long as no one ask her a question regarding anything political, she looks good.

Then Sarah has an apparent opportunity to get rid of Senator Lisa Murkowski.....

Chapter #4 Joe Miller ( you knew we would eventually get here, didn't you?)

In order to beat Lisa Murkowski our of her "stolen job" Sarah throws her supprort behind Joe Miller. In the primary, Joe, as the new comer, is running hard doing a lot of adds and hand shaking while Lisa, the incumbent, is a little lack, hoping to coast on name recognition, so now Joe wins the republican nod to run for office and Lisa is out!!! Maybe....

Joe Miller has a few conflicts in his past that are bringing his honesty into some serious question, so Lisa decides to run as a write-in candidate. AND Lisa does have more support, she lost the primary due to some slacking off.

The Republican party threw its support behind the winner of the Primary, Joe Miller, but now that his integrity is coming to light and the obvious public support that Lisa has, is now apparently giving the GOP leaders reason for a second thought.
One of Joe's problems is that in the not too distant past, his job was threatened due to some party political actions he did while on the job. The party leader, being a good party leader, stood up for Joe and stated 'that what he is accused of is impossible, couldn't have happened', etc.....then Joe admitted that it did in fact, happen,
Hmmmm .... ....embarassed party leader = beginning of loss of party support

in my opinion,
Sarah Palin is an empty suit
Joe Miller is slimey

As long as this diatribe is, I have probably left out many facts...
This is the story as I see it.

Last edited:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
A long story, as short as I can make it....
Long ago and far away.....
the players:
Alaska Senator #1, Ted Stevens
Alaska Senator #2, Frank Murkowski
Bored Housewife, Sarah Palin
Senators Daughter & Local, small time politician, Lisa Murkowski

Chapter # 1, the Senator becomes the Gov

The bored Housewife ran for and won small town mayor job, right as the city (Wasilla) was booming in size. The town's income is based on sales tax, and some big name national franchises just came into town, so all of a sudden the small town's coffers are swelling, lots of projects, lots of jobs and the small town Mayor now looks like a genious (Governor?).

The Two Senators are very sucessful, high seniority men, very serious (and very sucessfull) about getting funds for the State of Alaska.
When Senator #2, Frank Murkowski is tired of Democrat Governors wasting the hard earned funding he decides to run for Governor and WINS!!

One of the honors that go along with governnorship is the ability to replace a missing senator (himself)....Among the list of candidates are,
A. the bored housewife, Mayor Sarah Palin, and
B. his daughter local politician, Lisa Murkowski.

He selects his daughter over the bored housewife.....

Chapter #2 A woman's scorn

Sarah vows to become Governor and remove Mr Murkowski, and the daughter that got her Senator job, Lisa Murkowski.
She wins the governorship based on how well the city that she used to mayor for is doing (remember the boom). But, she isn't really Governor material....(remember, she is a bored housewife, and oh, now a woman scorned). After making a few really dumb decisions, which are now finally coming to light, she up and quits the Gov Job.
Now, how to deal with the daughter that got her job...

Chapter #3. The King maker (or in this case, the Queen maker)

Low and behold, Senator McCain needs a big headline splash to boost his presidential bid. Aha!! a unknown name that appears to be legitimate, Alaska Governor lady Sarah Palin.
During the run for the senate office, Alaska's #1 Senator, Ted Stevens becomes under investigation for ethics violations. To boost her position Sarah throws Ted Stevens under the bus and declares that he should resign his seat, during the elections....That annoucement helped cost him his job and he looses the Senators job to a Democrat. Later, Senator Steven's charges are dropped and there is no conviction...With the help of the bored housewife, Alaska lost a high seniorty senator, and the senate now has just enough democrats to jamb Ogama-care through congress.
As the story goes, McCain lost his bid, and Sarah returns home, no job, but now has national recognition...as long as no one ask her a question regarding anything political, she looks good.

Then Sarah vows to get rid of Senator Lisa Murkowski.....

Chapter #4 Joe Miller ( you knew we would eventually get here, didn't you?)

In order to beat Lisa Murkowski our of her "stolen job" Sarah throw her supprort behind Joe Miller. In the primary, Joe, as the new comer, is running hard. Lisa, the incumbent is a little lack, so now Joe wins the republican nod to run for office and Lisa is out!!! Maybe....

Joe Miller has a few conflicts in his past that are bringing his honesty into some serious question, so Lisa decides to run as a write-in candidate. AND Lisa does have more support, she lost the primary due to some slacking off.

The Republican party threw its support behind the winner of the Primary, Joe Miller, but now his integrity is coming to light and the obvious public support that Lisa has is giving the GOP leaders reason for a second thought.

In my opinion,
Sarah Palin is an empty suit
Joe Miller is slimey

As long as this diatribe is, I have probably left out many facts...
This is the story as I see it.

You left out " this tale is brought to You By the DNC. "
And ,no You didn't leave out many facts , You didn't include any to begin with .:yum:

Last edited:

fubar

You left out " this tale is brought to You By the DNC. "
And ,no You didn't leave out many facts , You didn't include any to begin with .:yum:

Actually, you are incorrect, I am a Republican,
and, which item do you think is not a fact?

SShepherd

I honestly don't care who it is, you lose the vote you bow out gracefully. You don't make up lame excuses, " I was slacking" sounds more like "I thought I had it in the bag so I didn't take it seriously"-- and when you lose decide you're going to run anyway !! That reaks of an arrogant polotician !

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually, you are incorrect, I am a Republican,
and, which item do you think is not a fact?
Geeze...I thought you were the Princess of Wales. Thanks for the tale, but the fact is that if ABC released this, it is automatically suspect as being from "undisclosed sources who cannot be revealed" which could mean it is either bullshit or possibly it could also be bullshit or even bullshit. You take your pick. The simple fact is that Miller won and the jilted woman lost her position of power and is pissed. She is proving that she cares more about her own power broker job than she does about the people she is SUPPOSED to be representing. ABC has no business posting stories to the American people if they cannot reveal their sources. To do otherwise is showing their bias towards business as usual in Washington.

Thanks for your story, but you sound like PMSNBC or CNN or even ABC. At this point in the game with the elections being tomorrow, nobody who publishes anything anti-TEA Party can be taken seriously. The dems have so much to lose, and we know they will say ANYTHING to hang onto their precious power seats from which they plan to rape the American people. Same goes for sour-faced primary losers, regardless of party affiliation.

Save the BS and just go out tomorrow and cast your vote.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought it was / is an interesting view from an Alaskan who has witnessed the happenings up there through time.
I know he is paraphrasing in his own words, but what part do you feel is made up JEV? FWIW it all reads as close to what I've seen from my view here in Ohio. I was a big Sarah fan when she first came out, as time has gone by my view of her has waned into something much like what Fubar expresses. I had high hopes for her but fear my hopes were misplaced. :(

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
With less than 24 hours to the polls opening, all commentary is suspect from both sides (all sides for the commies and grenies and liberts, et al.). Hell, I don't even trust ME at this point.:yum:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Interesting update:

Looks like Murkowski is going to win the write in race in Alaska.

Also interesting to note that she is firmly AGAINST any type of earmark ban. Thank you Alaska for another RINO.

“Senate Republicans today adopted a non-binding resolution to ban congressional earmarks. I was unable to vote on the resolution because my re-election has not yet been certified, but had I been able to vote, I would have opposed the earmark ban."

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Earmarks are a drop in the financial bucket, and are a waste of time right now. Let's get onto extending the current tax rates so business can see what's coming at them for 2011 and beyond. All the other shit is just a diversion away from the important issues that should be dealt with in the lame duck session. IMO, it's business as usual, and we need another house cleaning in 2012.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
JEV, honestly I hate that argument.

Yes, earmarks are a drop. Every drop adds to the deluge that goes onto our federal government.

Every drop needs to be fought for.

Big or small all expenditures and taxes need to be addressed.

fubar

Earmarks are not the problem by itself. Add on pork, is where the problem is. It is easy to confuse the two because pork barrel money is always earmarked.
When a budget, say hiway/road funds for a state is approved, a senator may earmark some of those funds for a specific project, like a design of a specific bridge, without increasing the budget. What that does is require the state beaureucrats to use those funds only on engineering that bridge.
Yes, a senator may get EXTRA funds added to their hiway budget, (pork)and of course that also is earmarked.
Earmarking is also used to pre approve more funding in future years.
ie. When congress approved that first budget with an earmarked bridge in it, it then only makes sense in subsequent years to continue to add money to the budget for phase 2, 3, and so on, for the bridge, requiring more funds to finish the project, but that isn't necessarily bad.

Bad, is an earmark studying one legged frogs , on a roads budget, because the frogs get on the road and jump in circles.

An earmark is an important tool that is often misused
Perhaps it is better to fix the rules governing earmarking rather than just shotgun it.
Expecting congress to fix that,probably better to just eliminate earmarks altogether.

that is an outsiders understanding of how it works, take it with a grain of salt!!

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Two things would convince me that congress is serious about cutting expenses.

Cutting congressional expenses, not just salary, but all perks, by 50%.
Eliminating earmarks by requiring all bills to have only one issue with an up or down vote. No add ons.

Two things would make me seriously consider not voting for a Republican for presidents in 2012.

Palin
Huckabee

The Alaska senate runoff is what it is. Murkowski, got her job by being appointed by her daddy and seems to be a sore loser, the Republicans are showing their true colors by declining to back their own candidate.

fubar

Palin is a good reason not to vote for Palin,
Murkowski won her job...twice now, in an election.
Republicans voted their ticket in Alaskas closed primary, now the populace has voted for who they feel is the best HONEST congressman, in an election.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My issue is that the Republicans held a primary, and then when they didn't like the outcome, seem to have chosen to back someone other than their own candidate. This seemed to happen in a number or primaries.
I know nothing of Alaska politics, but the people will choose. Whether Murkowski won 2 elections is not the issue.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought it was / is an interesting view from an Alaskan who has witnessed the happenings up there through time.
I know he is paraphrasing in his own words, but what part do you feel is made up JEV? FWIW it all reads as close to what I've seen from my view here in Ohio. I was a big Sarah fan when she first came out, as time has gone by my view of her has waned into something much like what Fubar expresses. I had high hopes for her but fear my hopes were misplaced. :(

Great Post !!! Your thoughts mirror my opinion of Ms. Palin also . I am also a Republican but sometimes its best to look beyond the party and see the person for what they are .

I guess there must be lots of gold in Alaska . Quite a few Gold diggers I bet too .:whistling:

fubar

BigAl
You are correct, lots of Gold and lots of Gold Diggers (carpet baggers).

If you care to make it up here some time, I'll take you out to the gold mine, keep all you find. We always get some, but never alot, more of a hobby, a reason to go out camping, than anything else. Actually, I 've done a reasonable cost analyses and calculate that the gold we found cost us about $15,000 and ounce so far. :biggrin: But I've got a ton of fun memories and a couple of nice off road toys out of it.

SShepherd

BigAl
You are correct, lots of Gold and lots of Gold Diggers (carpet baggers).

If you care to make it up here some time, I'll take you out to the gold mine, keep all you find. We always get some, but never alot, more of a hobby, a reason to go out camping, than anything else. Actually, I 've done a reasonable cost analyses and calculate that the gold we found cost us about $15,000 and ounce so far. :biggrin: But I've got a ton of fun memories and a couple of nice off road toys out of it.

rotfl !

gold @ 15k/oz. = fail !!

dig faster, less talking !:whip:

fubar

My issue is that the Republicans held a primary, and then when they didn't like the outcome, seem to have chosen to back someone other than their own candidate. This seemed to happen in a number or primaries.
jimbo
You are absolutley correct. The fellow won the closed priamary as the Republican candidate, and the party funded and supported him. Then, as luck would have it, some issues cam out regarding his integrity and honesty. Issues not presented by Murkowski. That is when party support began to wane, and she decided to run anyways, not as the Republican Party candidate, but as a Republican individual. After Miller began to defend himself w/mudslinging did Murkowski actually begin to pull ahead in the polls.
And Whooo Boy, you should see the circus that he is putting on now!!

WE all wish he had waited and run against the Democrat Senator we have, he would have beat him soundly. But now that he is acting so poorly his political days in Alaska are over. Republicans seem to do that often...eat their young!!:w00t2: