• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Neighbor's house on Ebay

AndyM

Charter Member
Thought you guys might be interested in this...
One of my neighbors on my road has their house listed in the Ebay real estate section. This is about half a mile down the road from me.

My house doesn't look anything like theirs-- I guess I live on the wrong side of the road! :pat:

Click here for the link

We're going to list our house for sale soon. I'll be happy to get 5 percent of their asking price!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
OhioTC18 said:
Very impressive place Andy, however I like your place better :D

That is his place, I saw Andy's reflection on one of the mirrors while takin a picture. Wow, Andy must be nice to own a place like that. :whistle: :yum:

AndyM

Charter Member
Many of the properties on the other side of the road are on the lake. That particular parcel is FIVE ACRES of lakefront property. The lot alone cost more than our entire house and lot.

I know one thing-- I have no desire for a house that large. It's just my wife and me, and 1850 square feet feels too large at times! Just imagine the maintenance and housekeeping upkeep on 10,000 square feet!

It is interesting to think about how it affects property values in the neighborhood! It probably will throw off the average for home sales on this road.

Here's the difference...

Attachments

• 804929_58.jpg
    804929_58.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IM000446.JPG
    IM000446.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Andy........ I can remember when you had a lake in front of your home and it even had ducks in it. By filling it in, you reduced the value of your home... :whistle:

AndyM

Charter Member
Junkman said:
Andy........ I can remember when you had a lake in front of your home and it even had ducks in it. By filling it in, you reduced the value of your home... :whistle:

I don't think this counts as "lakefront property"... :tiphat:

Attachments

• IM000173.JPG
    IM000173.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 304

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It is all a matter of perspective. If you are a duck, the size of the lake doesn't matter as long as you can swim and defecate in it... :yum:

AndyM

Charter Member
Junkman said:
It is all a matter of perspective. If you are a duck, the size of the lake doesn't matter as long as you can swim and defecate in it... :yum:

That's how I feel about a house. As long as there's a warm bed and a working toilet, I'm good to go! Oh yeah, and enough land to drive my tractor too!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Re: Neighbor's house on EBay

Personally, in the past, I preferred a cool bed, with a hot woman, and a working toilet. Now that I am old, I sleep with a wife and two dogs. One is a hot dog (Dachshund) and the other is just a big hot blooded dog that wants her half out of the middle... a Weimeraner.... :weneedpic

Dutch-NJ

I used to own a similar house as a summer home.

But NJ property taxes shot up to $250,000 per year, and my wife wanted to quit her part time job at McDonalds.

Then the neighbors started complaining about the junk I had on the front lawn.

I decided to sell when the cable rates went up and I couldn't afford to watch TV on the outdoor theatre.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
AndyM said:
We're going to list our house for sale soon. I'll be happy to get 5 percent of their asking price!
If it sells I am sure your property taxes will go up. Maybe you can sell your home to the new owner as servant quarters. They will definitely need help to maintain that monster.

Then again you might try Dutch's approach, junk up the lawn and force a buyout of your place by the owners of the high dollar home. Anyone who could afford to buy that monster surely would pay a good price to get rid of the neighborhood junkyard. They would not want their country club friends to see how bad the neighborhood is with the money spent on the new home. Probably could get 10% of the other homes price by working the deal right.:yum:

Enjoyed looking at the pics, but have no desire to live like that. I am happy living life to the fullest in my little world, one day at a time!!!

Dutch-NJ

mtntopper said:
Enjoyed looking at the pics, but have no desire to live like that. I am happy living life to the fullest in my little world, one day at a time!!!

Seriously, me too. I wonder if there is something wrong with that?

One day I was fantasizing about winning the lottery. After I imagined taking care of my family and friends, I realized there was nothing I wanted that I didn't already have.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
I realized there was nothing I wanted that I didn't already have

You must either be very unimagineative, or very rich! :yum:

Man, that house is BIG!

dzalphakilo

Banned
Funny, it' all "relative".

Some time ago lived in a trailer in West Virgina in a small "hick town", didn't own a T.V or a bed.

My wife and I now live in a 3500 sq. ft. house with 40 acres and some outbuildings.

Take my wife out of the "picture" and I'd be more happier living back in W.V in that trailer.

Nice house, be afraid of the maintence cost of it though, then again, if you could afford the house, other costs shouldn't be an issue.

Dutch-NJ

Mith said:
You must either be very unimagineative, or very rich! :yum:
Others think I have a vivid imagination. I’m not rich......... Comfortable, but not rich.

I’m eccentric.

Held rewarding jobs. Worked for fair bosses. Owned businesses.
Built my own home. Never had a mortgage. It’s too big for me now.
Bought a new car once, kept it for 2 months, sold it because birds were shitting on it.
Own a motorhome. Hardly use it.
Owned boats three times. Happiest days when I sold them.
Have friends with planes.
Daughters and friends have swimming pools.
Can travel anywhere any time I want.
Don’t gamble.
Never had a gomare.
No credit card or other debt.
Don’t smoke, shoot, or huff dope, or use nose candy.
Eat excellent food. Don’t even like $50 Kobe hamburgers, aged steaks, or caviar.
Drink smooth booze. Can’t tell the difference between VO and Crown royal.
Sleep in a comfortable bed.
Have heat in the winter, A/C in the summer.
So far, have been able to afford to buy anything I really want or need.
Happy with wife and family who either love, respect, or fear me. Anyway, no problems from them.

Why would I want a billion dollars, and the problems it would be sure to bring?

I believe I have a great life. But like I said, I’m eccentric.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Dutch-NJ said:
..................Why would I want a billion dollars, and the problems it would be sure to bring?

I believe I have a great life. But like I said, I’m eccentric.

I felt the same way before I hit it big time. Now, I can't understand how I ever got along on my 26 million dollar a year salary.... :whistle:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
dzalphakilo said:
Take my wife out of the "picture" and I'd be more happier living back in W.V in that trailer.

Better watch it ....Junk might read that as a request and all the sudden your wife will disappear. :eek:

JimR

Charter Member
I'd be afraid to live there. I might get something dirty. Imagine owning that place. You could dust all week and never get the place done. That is for the filthy rich to own that has a full staff of servants. It sure is pretty though.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think recognize that house with the TV on the wall...

Isn't that Dargo's pool house?

AndyM

Charter Member
Price is down to $3,999,000.00 if anyone is interested. :pat:

We're looking at one in West Virginia right now and are talking about fixing it up... it's only $38,000 !!! If we decide on that one, it'll be a cash deal... couldn't do that on the first one! :D