• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What to do with old iPhone 4S

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I each have an iPhone 4S that is no longer being used, and we are trying to figure out what to do with them.

I looked into sending them back to Apple. Apple will give you a $105 gift card for each one, however, the gift card is only good at Apple Retail Stores. We have two Apple Retail Stores close by us, so that is not a problem, however, I don't know of anything being sold in Apple Retail Stores that either of us want.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what else can be done with old iPhones?

Thanks, Bob

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you trade them up for something new?

If so, it's probably too late for your particular situation but Verizon is giving a $25 per phone line discount if you don't upgrade your phone (get the new one) every 2 years. Every month, we're getting $100 off our bill since we didn't upgrade our phones.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use my old ones as MP3 players....use when mowing or doing stuff where it might not be safe for my phone.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I feel left out!!!!.....Im still using a flip-phone that dose not have a camera in it!!!!!...come to think...Mom and I have yet to have Texting on our phones.....told att we wernt interested........Also....and this drives our girls crazy!!!!....we turn our phones OFF when we get into the car.....:smile:
Kind of nice...she and I and a little country music:biggrin:
It used to be that every time we were headed to the lake ...Mom would be on the phone with one of the girls all the way .....and then sunday evening all the way to the city.....and if they couldnt reach her they would call me...

One thurs evening Mom was tending to dutys and her phone started ringing.....I started to answer it a d insted just turned it off and did the same to mine............we were almost to the lake house when she remarked that it sure had been nice to just listen to the radio all the way !!
:whistling:to this day she thinks she forgot to turn it on that day......:whistling:

and if I want her to know....I will tell her!!!!!!

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
My wife and I each have an iPhone 4S that is no longer being used, and we are trying to figure out what to do with them.

I looked into sending them back to Apple. Apple will give you a $105 gift card for each one, however, the gift card is only good at Apple Retail Stores. We have two Apple Retail Stores close by us, so that is not a problem, however, I don't know of anything being sold in Apple Retail Stores that either of us want.

Thanks, Bob

My college age son still uses his daily..........are yours Verizon ?

A spare would never be a bad idea as he's a huntin-fishin always outdoors soon to be 19 year old who's ruff on things !

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel left out!!!!.....Im still using a flip-phone that dose not have a camera in it!!!!!...come to think...Mom and I have yet to have Texting on our phones.....told att we wernt interested........Also....and this drives our girls crazy!!!!....we turn our phones OFF when we get into the car.....:smile:
Kind of nice...she and I and a little country music:biggrin:
It used to be that every time we were headed to the lake ...Mom would be on the phone with one of the girls all the way .....and then sunday evening all the way to the city.....and if they couldnt reach her they would call me...

One thurs evening Mom was tending to dutys and her phone started ringing.....I started to answer it a d insted just turned it off and did the same to mine............we were almost to the lake house when she remarked that it sure had been nice to just listen to the radio all the way !!
:whistling:to this day she thinks she forgot to turn it on that day......:whistling:

and if I want her to know....I will tell her!!!!!!
Texting can save you so much time and still keep you in touch with those you care about. Our kids got us to start texting and now we are hooked. Texting lets you communicate when it is convenient and share pictures easily of grandkids or whatever might be happening. Enjoy the quiet car ride and the radio and answer texts when you get to your destination and have a minute. I think of it as another tool in my communication tool box. You use the best tool for getting the job done at the time. Many times texting is the right tool for the job.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah. sex'd me something galvi at 1-800-88-EATME :poke: :yum:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

Thanks, Bob

There is a program, or was a program at the post office where you could send your old phone to a soldier serving overseas. It costs nothing and they give you the envelope to send it. I'm not sure if they still do that, but I did send three old phones to soldiers.

BTW, My current cell phone does nothing but send and receive calls, nothing else.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I guess I now stand corrected!!!!!!!I was just informed by a 7 year old that my phone did to have a camera!!!!and this is how it works!!!!!!!:yum:

I also had my first meeting with my first great grand daughter.....first thing she did was shit her pants and started screaming when I held her!!!
Dont think she likes me much!!!!!!:whistling: another red head rose from the good lord.....counting the granddaughter in law that is 11 roses in my life!!!!

Not a bad xmas at all!!!!

Wishing you all a xmas as fine as I am having!!!!!!

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife found out that Verizon also has a buy back program where they will issue a $100 gift card for each iPhone, assuming it is in good condition. Their gift card can be used toward the monthly bill. I think this is the way we are going to go.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bob

k-dog

I sold mine on Craig's list for $80. I listed it for $100 and was negotiated down to $80 the first day I had listed it. I saw them listed for more but I wanted to get rid of it. I made sure I reset the phone completely.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Too late now ...... Wife and I upgraded to the new 6 before 11/30 and AT&T gave us $200 for the wife's 4 and $300 for my 5 ..............

I have WiFi app controllable LED lights on my 180 gallon reef tank. I use an old 3S for the light controller and just found out our new bed is WiFi controllable. Just saying more and more appliances are WiFi controllable and they can be used for those applications.