• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IPAD Pro

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Apple has come out with a new Ipad http://www.cnet.com/products/apple-ipad-pro/ It looks to big to me.
What do you think?
It's thinner but looks more like a laptop than a pad type computer and it sure is NOT cheap at $799.00. (Wow I'm glad it's under $800.00!)

Just the pencil attachment is 100 bucks.
Heck might as well get a light weight type laptop!

Last edited:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm happy with the size of the ipad air.

You're right. Much bigger you might as well get a laptop.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I read a report that they are going bigger because of the phones going bigger. The iPhone 6 plus is practically iPad size.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly I am pretty much a fanboy of Apple but I'm really disappointed.

iPad Pro ... no thanks. iPads are already the price of inexpensive Windows machines and they don't do as much as 'real' computers. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPad, but I don't really see the point of an iPad that is as big as a compact computer, as expensive as a small computer and doesn't do as much as a small computer.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Every second iPhone/iPod /iPad I've seen has a cracked screen. Never did drink "Apple" juice. I prefer Windows and android systems.

Kane

Honestly I am pretty much a fanboy of Apple but I'm really disappointed.

Based upon the drop in the price of a share after the iPad rollout, you aren't nearly as disappointed as Apple investors. We miss Steve Jobs.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have no need for such a large and expensive contraption. I have a Nexus 7 tablet that most of the time is a glorified Kindle reader. Light and easy to hold and the battery lasts a long time. Good enough for me.

Kane

Funny how the pendulum swings. For the longest time, the challenge among electronic gadget developers was how small can they make the damn things. Yes, indeed, they made them small, smaller and smallest.

Now the market wants to make them bigger. WTF? People will buy anything.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
It does look big. I would have to agree that a lightweight laptop would be a better choice.

I got my first PC in 1980, It was a Compaq, the sewing machine size one. With 55+ years running PC's, I find myself unable to make an Apple do what I can with a PC and I usually have to call for help.

I do own an iMac, I just don't like it.

So far as phones an Android just does more. None of them are perfect and when they get close some feature is added that is really nice, it just works notchy till they fix it and another notchy feature comes alog.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't buy the new IPad Pro. I have an IPad Mini but I'm not a fan of tablets. It doesn't do a whole lot more than my IPhone and I use them both for essentially the same purpose. It is convenient when traveling and I use it in the RV where space is at a premium but I also carry my old netbook which I find a lot easier to use and a lot quicker when typing.

I was looking to get a new, small laptop to replace the netbook but I am seriously considering a small all-in-one with a keyboard and touch screen. That'll maybe be my Christmas present to me. I have a lot of research to do before then.