• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PC Mag's AntiVirus roundup 2015

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I look forward to this review. These guys do the best job of reviewing all the anti-virus software and reporting the gory details.
This year is no exception.

The 2015 reviews are in. My anti virus AVG on one and Avast on another both finished way down in the pack. Hmmm guess it's time to upgrade. And I was kinda looking for the one made in America that has been advertising a lot on TV. Didn't even see it listed.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,281...ch&mailingID=63AB018F16D2EAB494B68B1F1CE7DAE9

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking at the comments, there's a couple people saying Avast is a fraud. Any idea why?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had not looked at the comments, no clue why they are saying that.

jwstewar

Of course, with all of the issues I've cleaned up with McAfee over the years, I would have a hard time believing anything that rated that product that high. Of course, I've also fixed a load of issues with Kaspersky. It seems like it tries to block so much stuff that it creates issues. I guess until I find that AVG isn't doing the job, that is what I will run and what I will install/recommend on customer's PCs.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm running AVG it may not be as good s McAffee & others (I have McAfee on my other laptop) but it's okay.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I have found on a few older PC's i have Avast has become to draining for the systems and it is slowing them big time so i have installed a free version of Avira which works a treat,it seems to do what it should do as the PC's are still virus free and it does not drain system speed in the slightest.