• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What Makes Google Think.....

Bamby

Upon opening my email this morning I see Google has made some so called improvements...

What makes Google think I want to see any adds what-so-ever let alone personally chosen ones by them. :angry:

Google will use this information to make ads across the web more relevant for you

In My Account, the Ads Personalization setting currently lets Google use data in your account to tailor ads that appear in Google products.

With this change, this setting will also let Google use data in your account to improve the relevance of ads on websites and apps that partner with Google.

If you observe Google affiliate links are always top results in searches. If you should purchase through their suggested links you are potentially putting up to maybe 5% of the sales into their pocket. IMPO Google is plenty rich enough already let alone opening new avenues in which to line their pockets. :finger2:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I switch out from Chrome directly to duckduckgo to do browsing, normally.

I used to have gmail as my primary.
Now it's only one.
mail.com

Bamby

Thats my problem. I've been using gmail forever and it's so tied into everything it would be one hell of a undertaking to change. I also like on this notice they offered two choices... One being "more options" and the other "agree". Well conveniently the "more options" link was dead so a person had no option but to agree with it or be forever locked out of their email.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thats my problem. I've been using gmail forever and it's so tied into everything it would be one hell of a undertaking to change. I also like on this notice they offered two choices... One being "more options" and the other "agree". Well conveniently the "more options" link was dead so a person had no option but to agree with it or be forever locked out of their email.
I don't know what to tell you.
If you dislike them that much, perhaps you should undertake the task of importing all the important stuff to another email.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Crap, I've been trying to migrate all my business email to that because it has my real name which sounds better than "catavenger" whatever.

I've also recently stopped using Yahoo because they started with the same crap that it looks like Gmail is pulling.
But I have two at Hotmail (or Outlook or whatever the hell alias they are using)
I don't want to use the email provided by my ISP because I want to change that.
But I also have one at my website (& probably more I've forgotten about).

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Google is not our friend :hammer:

Attachments

• 429B3F2D-C95D-472E-8161-A474CC5554AD.jpeg
    429B3F2D-C95D-472E-8161-A474CC5554AD.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 099B6FE6-433B-483B-AEBD-B40E60152FED.jpeg
    099B6FE6-433B-483B-AEBD-B40E60152FED.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 126
  • FC539607-7369-4113-B01B-08E66290D731.jpeg