• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Crosswalks

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Joggers and people walking on the sidewalks, Stop, push the damn button for the crosswalk sign THEN, seeing no cars are coming, cross anyway...NOW I have sit there waiting for the freak'in light to change now that they disrupted the traffic signal......It happens on a daily basis here.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Or on the pedestrian side, I hit the butoon, wait for the light to change and some asshole is on the phone, fails to stop at the light and damn near runs me down. Happens more times than I can count.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Or on the pedestrian side, I hit the butoon, wait for the light to change and some asshole is on the phone, fails to stop at the light and damn near runs me down. Happens more times than I can count.
Yep. Even though it's illegal here people are still yacking on their cell phones or texting while driving. Pisses me off and I will honk and let them know about it whenever I see it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Or another one that boils my butt is those young punks at the high school down the street with their old beat up 4x4s leaving the school at the end of the day. There's a 4 way stop only 200ft from my driveway and also a 40km school zone. They leave the stop sign with tires squealing and loud exhaust blaring and are doing at least 70 by the time they pass my place. I have complained about it to the police but have yet to see one doing patrol on my street despite there being two schools.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Joggers and people walking on the sidewalks, Stop, push the damn button for the crosswalk sign THEN, seeing no cars are coming, cross anyway...NOW I have sit there waiting for the freak'in light to change now that they disrupted the traffic signal......It happens on a daily basis here.
I don't get what you are saying. Are you mad because people want to cross the street?

Bamby

I don't get what you are saying. Are you mad because people want to cross the street?

What he's saying is "don't push the damn button unless your willing to wait for the light, or incapable of getting across the street unassisted".

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
What he's saying is "don't push the damn button unless your willing to wait for the light, or incapable of getting across the street unassisted".

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying! It changes the traffic light timing and I have to sit there and wait for it to cycle through which takes at least a minute. They push the cross button and immediately cross the street!

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Yes that is exactly what I'm saying! It changes the traffic light timing and I have to sit there and wait for it to cycle through which takes at least a minute. They push the cross button and immediately cross the street!

Our crosswalks when the light changes are 20 seconds, it has a countdown of how long it is.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Cool I understand now. I haven't seen that here.
What get's me here is the green "Walk" button isn't lit long enough for slow walkers to make it across. If I hustle I can make it. I don't know how others can.
I also don't like it when cars pull into the crosswalk. Maybe I should hop up and walk across their hoods?
People who run across the road instead of going to the crosswalk with the light that is only a few yards away,
Oh there are a lot of bad pedestrians and drivers. I am rather surprised that there aren't more accidents.