• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trailer Tent.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
At the end of summer we decided we are getting to old to sleep on the floor when camping so done a little shopping around and picked up this little bargain....sleeps 6...2 double beds off the floor,has a kitchen that unhooks off the back and is wired for electric hookup/generator,cartridge toilet ect all thrown in.

Very compact for towing and light weight,no more sleeping on the floor:biggrin:

Attachments

• 142929860.jpg
    142929860.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 142928281.jpg
    142928281.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 142929144.jpg
    142929144.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 183
  • 142927945.jpg
    142927945.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 142931123.jpg
    142931123.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 185
  • 142928774.jpg
    142928774.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 187

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's quite the setup. How big of a lorry do you need to haul all that stuff?

Galvatron

It all packs in to the trailer,the kitchen unit hooks up on the back as circled in the picture below...we tow her with our small family car no problem...the only thing we need to pack in the boot of the car is clothing and shopping everything else is packed in the trailer if you take your time it is amazing what you can fit in it.

The bonus was what we paid for it,as it was end of the summer and the sellers wanted gone asap as they got bored of camping i got her for £250 with everything in the pictures,easily worth at the right time of year £1200,she is a 2003 model and had little use,i just need a gas bottle as they kept that for their BBQ...tight sods :yum:

To set it up takes a couple of hours with all the fancy curtains ect but thats when i get out the fishing rod and Mrs galvi gives it the womans touch:biggrin:

I look forward to using it next year as often as possible.

Extras they threw in were...

Spare wheel
2 tie downs for bad weather(never used)
Toilet Tent and poratloo
Umbrella
Saucepans
2 Water carriers with carrier on wheels.
Euro transformer.
Blow up sofa
Canvas storage units
Light.
Fan Heater

Attachments

• 142929860.jpg
    142929860.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That's pretty neat and one heck of a deal. I've never seen one quite like that before. It's strange how people get tired of camping or move up to bigger and bigger machines that bear absolutely no resemblance to "roughing it". I mean who can call living in a 45' bus that costs $500,000, or a lot more, camping.

I remember the days when Mrs ETF and I would do stuff like that but these days she needs a little bit more comfort. OK, I admit it, I do too. We still love it but haven't slept on the ground for a long time but still got all the gear. It's part of my prepper package.

Galvatron

Frank i agree...if you go to flash it takes away the whole concept of camping,we only done this to get of the floor,apart from that its still basic in most ways,as for the old camping gear we have that is now the property of my son so him and his family can have the same fun as we did....gave it all to him and with the tent being one we got only 2 years back he will have many years of fun....just on the floor as his back is young enough to take it :yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In my time driving around the UK I've been stuck behind long lines of compact cars pulling all sorts of camping "caravans." Seems like most of the camping activity is near the coastal areas. It seems worst (or most common) in Wales???

I was always struck by how small they are when compared the monster sized "5th wheel" camping trailers and motor homes that we have here in the US. Virtually every camper in the UK is a single axle model, while here in the US its far more common to see double/triple axle camping trailers. Motorhomes in the UK are pretty rare beasts and typically built on fairly small truck frames, similar to the "Sprinter" class vehicles we have here, while most US motorhomes are the size of a large bus and can cost upwards of a million dollars :doh:

SShepherd

In my time driving around the UK I've been stuck behind long lines of compact cars pulling all sorts of camping "caravans." Seems like most of the camping activity is near the coastal areas. It seems worst (or most common) in Wales???

I was always struck by how small they are when compared the monster sized "5th wheel" camping trailers and motor homes that we have here in the US. Virtually every camper in the UK is a single axle model, while here in the US its far more common to see double/triple axle camping trailers. Motorhomes in the UK are pretty rare beasts and typically built on fairly small truck frames, similar to the "Sprinter" class vehicles we have here, while most US motorhomes are the size of a large bus and can cost upwards of a million dollars :doh:
..can you imagine trying to pull a 5th wheel or drive a 40' motor home on english roads ?:unsure:

Galvatron

I must agree most here in the UK that drive with a trailer or large vehicle just for weekend usage are idiots...they seem to think they have hitched up a whole new universe to which they are shit scared...i drive with my mirrors...if the mirrors fit through so will all behind it.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dean,
We have similar campers here as well. They come in sizes galore.
We've had 2 of them when we first started out.

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 165

Galvatron

Dean,

Now that is nice and me and my wife would love one of them when it is just us camping,pop up roof and simple for the set up,light to tow and easy to store.

Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Dean,

That's what I know as a tent camper.

Bob, it's not just Wales. They're all over the Scottish Highlands and West Coast during the summer. There's been quite a few folk songs written about following a caravan on a single lane Highland road. :yum: It can turn a 2 hour drive in to an all day affair. It's like a slowly moving road block with cars stacked up for miles behind them. Been there and done that.