• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST4 B Grousers

I got my Snow Master last week. Really great looking machine. Production number 2233, so a 1979 model I believe. ?

Posted a few days ago looking for headlight lens. Not found replacements at this point, so thinking about going to either 5 3/4” or 7” headlights. Any pros or cons out there. Not a big fan of the light produced by LEDs.

I have several of the full width grousers that are broken or cracked. Is there a source for replacements or does anyone have serviceable used ones available?
May try to get these welded, but not too sure about the galvanized part.

Will get some picture posted soon I hope

loneoutrider

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got my Snow Master last week. Really great looking machine. Production number 2233, so a 1979 model I believe. ?

Posted a few days ago looking for headlight lens. Not found replacements at this point, so thinking about going to either 5 3/4” or 7” headlights. Any pros or cons out there. Not a big fan of the light produced by LEDs.

I have several of the full width grousers that are broken or cracked. Is there a source for replacements or does anyone have serviceable used ones available?
May try to get these welded, but not too sure about the galvanized part.

Will get some picture posted soon I hope

loneoutrider

I am with you on the LED they just to reach out very far. I don't like the strobing of the cheap ones and the bluing of the expensive ones that don't strobe,

I go 7" round and retro fit HID ballast and bulbs into them.
I will never out drive my head lights.

a forum user couch loafer has made a full set of your herringbone grousers.
He said once laid out they are actually quite simple.

I just love looking at them.

Mike

LelandEOD

I have Track Master that had the tracks cut down by a PO. I'm looking into the possibility of reverting back to the correct tracks which will mean sourcing and/or fabricating a new set of the longer grousers for the inner and outer bands. I have friends in town who can laser cut the needed steel, but I'm going to have to look into how to convert an existing grouser into a CAD file as well as how best to bend the cut pieces. Jigging and welding are the easy part, albeit, tedious.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
I have Track Master that had the tracks cut down by a PO. I'm looking into the possibility of reverting back to the correct tracks which will mean sourcing and/or fabricating a new set of the longer grousers for the inner and outer bands. I have friends in town who can laser cut the needed steel, but I'm going to have to look into how to convert an existing grouser into a CAD file as well as how best to bend the cut pieces. Jigging and welding are the easy part, albeit, tedious.
4 or 5 band track? I have made a couple sets now. PM me

Not had a lot of time to deal with Snow Master lately. Hunting season for the last month.
I did find the 4 3/4 inch headlight lens at Waltstractors.com. Item number UA53604 for $14.80 plus ship.
The headlight bulb depending on brand is:
Hella 78154
Philips 12620
Sylvania 7951
Wagner 49211
Tungsram 1931

on eBay prices start about $10.00 shipping included

loneoutrider