• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lawn tractor snowcat!

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Good for a chuckle.
16003005_1436374789719619_1886016856634042173_n.jpg

PJL

Well that's just great. I finally convinced my wife that I don't need to mow in the winter and someone does this...

undy

Huh. Curious to see. I've been thinking in a slightly different direction.

In another thread I detailed a tracked wheelchair I built to transport a friend of mine. It ended up accomplishing the minimum goal I set: to get him to the shore of the island a couple times. But ultimately it didn't work because the tracks I found (from a tracked power-buggy) were too thick and the rolling resistance was too high. It needed more hp. So I've got these tracks and undercarriage just sitting around...

Then I found a Husqvarna lawn tractor that just needed the shifter linkage freed up, with a junk deck. I got the tractor operational and junked the deck and it's been just sitting around...

...so with a couple adaptors I can mount the sprockets on the Husqvarna and hang the tracks on it. They are about 3' long.

I like the idea of the skis. I'd been thinking about leaving the tires and add new tin to make it a mini half-track.

Maybe I better get those adaptors ordered. This forum is a great incubator for cultivating (crazy) ideas!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinking a hydrostatic drive Cub Cadet with a bigger engine might be better, but it would be heavier so probably not as good in deep powder :hammer:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinkin' leave the front tires on it and mount a snowplow or a snowblower. If need be you could screw a bunch of hex head sheet metal screws in the tracks for "chains".
Mike

Bamby

Leave the tire in place and fabricate the skis to be securely fastened to the tires. Maybe up and over with a ratchet strap?