• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New J5 size firefighter platform

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a need for non hydro mechanical drive small firefighter so we contracted a Canadian Company to build one. first one almost complete,to be used for wildland fire fighting.

86hp Perkins diesel
Allison 545
New differential using the T16
Basic Bombardier sprockets,tires,tracks
Joystick steering
Two seats
Stainless steel tanks

Picture is not complete, it was during testing full roll cage will be fitted tanks not on etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 484

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I like it !!
Can it tow a trailer with more water or chemicals ?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I like it !!
Can it tow a trailer with more water or chemicals ?

It can, it holds just over 100 gallons as viewed it has a 2" receiver hitch
But as with anything new it's not inexpensive comes in at around 80K the newer
Camoplast FF units came in at 102K but they are not building them anymore

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ready to start plumping the fire pump to the tanks a manifold will be placed in the bottom of the tub area as a sump area to be the lowest point for all angles it also adds a little water capacity

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 368

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Old compared to new in size
The old one is functional Perkins diesel with 727 Chrysler auto built in 1989
It's also for sale with functional pump ready to work sprays brush good also stainless steel tanks 150 gallons total 10K

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 368

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The unit is now complete, tested, and ready will post some pictures in the next few days we have received almost 7" of rain in the last couple of days and it has been hard to find a dry moment to get it out of the shop

Ps; one inch of rain equals 27,154 gallons of water per acre so 27,154x7 =190,078 gallons on one acre

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Picture, built a basket for the extra hoses and suction hose for drafting, nozzles
Etc. still needs two fire shelters and fire extinguishers to be supplied by customer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 285

jask

That looks good. how much does it weigh? How fast can it travel on open ground or logging roads? is that hole in the roof the access for fueling the pump?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks good. how much does it weigh? How fast can it travel on open ground or logging roads? is that hole in the roof the access for fueling the pump?

Speed if really needed to outrun a fire can approach 30 mph

Weight about 5800 pounds

Yes the hole is to fill the pump (good eye )

rcc

Really a nice looking machine... what is the suspension setup, you would want some nice stuff at 30 mph even with the nice suspension seats.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
In the very rare instance you would need to go real fast to try to out run a fire
You would not have a real smooth ride. The only thing different in suspension is the front wheels are using AEON rubber springs

The back two remain the workhorse walking beams

rcc

Can you show a picture or tell which AEON you used and is it connected to the walker beam? I have my old 1964 in the garage doing different modifications and would like to see or know what you put under this machine. I have looked at some of the different suspensions they have, but not convinced it needed connected to the walker... your thoughts...?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Can you show a picture or tell which AEON you used and is it connected to the walker beam? I have my old 1964 in the garage doing different modifications and would like to see or know what you put under this machine. I have looked at some of the different suspensions they have, but not convinced it needed connected to the walker... your thoughts...?

The AEON is used on the front wheel where the old ones had a spring can
The newer ones used a torsion axle but they do not hold up.so the aeon spring was used,double convoluted rubber spring

The walking beams don't need springs.but a stop of some kind is good to keep from over pivoting