• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finally, the vacation out west

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
We planned this trip last year and were about to leave when Katelyn got her cancer diagnosis. All is well and we finally got to go. We drove a total of 4397 miles from Athens Alabama to Mesa Verde Colorado, Moab/Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Las Vegas, The Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Four Corners.

Attachments

• IMG_4264.JPG
    IMG_4264.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_4332.jpg
    IMG_4332.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4352.jpg
    IMG_4352.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_4594.JPG
    IMG_4594.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4760.jpg
    IMG_4760.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4857.JPG
    IMG_4857.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4947.jpg
    IMG_4947.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_5083.JPG
    IMG_5083.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_5124.jpg
    IMG_5124.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_5180.jpg
    IMG_5180.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 179

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
The pictures are just mind blowing, i would love to drive through such stunning views.

Can i ask where and what the history is behind the first picture as it looks like it has a great story to tell.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's an awesome trip. Have done it myself a couple times.

What was your favorite park?
Grand Canyon has a serious awe factor.
Bryce Canyon is just too cool looking.

Is there still security checkpoints before going over the Hoover Dam?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Now that's a trip!!!

I've been to quite a few of those places but a couple are still on my bucket list.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, what a trip. :thumb: :clap: Great pics. This is a trip I'd like to do in the next few years. How much time did the trip take?

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Galvatron the first pic is of Cliff Palace in Mesa Verde Colorado. It is the largest Pueblo structure in the United States and was last occupied in the 1300's and wasn't discovered until 1881. The park has multiple cliff dwellings like it, but Cliff Palace is the largest of them. It is a UNESCO world heritage site.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
That's an awesome trip. Have done it myself a couple times.

What was your favorite park?
Grand Canyon has a serious awe factor.
Bryce Canyon is just too cool looking.

Is there still security checkpoints before going over the Hoover Dam?

It is kind of hard to pick a favorite. Hiking to and seeing Delicate Arch at Arches National Park was unforgettable. Bryce Canyon was like nothing I'd ever seen. Zion was beautiful and I wish we'd had more time to explore it.

There is still a security check point at Hoover Dam but I guess we looked harmless because they just waved us through.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
They are amazingly preserved Brents and until you posted about it i was unaware that they existed,thank you for the history lesson,i shall have to have a google and learn more.:thumb:

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Wow, what a trip. :thumb: :clap: Great pics. This is a trip I'd like to do in the next few years. How much time did the trip take?

It took 2 days driving to get out there. Then we spent 6 days site seeing and then another 2 days back to Alabama.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not bad at all. I can't wait to do something similar.
The way we did it is to fly to Denver, rent an RV then drive around. We stayed for 2 weeks and covered everything doing a big loop via CO, AZ, UT, NV, ID, MT, WY and back to CO. That loop was right at 3000 miles.