• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TUCKER SNO-CAT ~~SCAM on Ebay!~~

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is something I see with tractors and other things but this is the first snowcat scam I've seen on Ebay. He even offers FREE shipping worldwide. It is claimed to be located in the US, but the pricing is in Euros. It probably is in the US, and probably on a legitimate dealer's lot, but that is probably not who is selling it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-TUCKER-4-5...6QQihZ009QQcategoryZ57215QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

s.gif
1979 TUCKER 4-5 PASSENGER SNOWCAT SNOW CAT SNOWMOBILE ATV
RARE TUCKER 4 OR 5 PASSENGER 1544 TUCKER. TOTALLY REBUILT 2 SEASONS AGO WITH REBUILT PERKINS 4 CYLINDER DIESEL ENGINE, NEW TRACK BELTS AND MUCH MUCH MORE INCLUDING NEW PAINT, CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY. MACHINE IS IN "9+" CONDITION AND IS DEFINATELY THE NICEST TUCKER WE HAVE EVER HAD OF ITS TYPE (WE HAVE HAD OVER 200 IN PAST 20 YEARS). JUST HAD COMPLETE SERVICE PERFORMED INCLUDING FUEL AND BRAKE SYSTEMS. THIS MACHINE NEEDS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GO INTO IMMEDIATE SERVICE SAFELY HAULING YOUR FAMILY OVER DEEP SNOW!!!
Please mail me at PMsales36@gmail.com if you want to buy it.
Buy it now for only $4,300.00.
Thank You!!!

Attachments

• 3c_1_b.JPG
    3c_1_b.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 624
  • 4b_1.JPG
    4b_1.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 48_1.JPG
    48_1.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 616

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
pixie said:
Ebay says the link is invalid/removed ??
Wow that was pretty quick response from Ebay. I had been complaining to them every day for the past 5 days about this auction, so finally on day 6 of a 7 day auction they respond. :mad:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I emailed Ebay on probable scam on this unit over a week ago. It seems to go away and reappear almost daily. They are only interested in making the listing fee and not protecting the people bidding.

BUYER BE WARE - If it sounds to good to be true it is a scam. :confused2:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Now there are three of them!

A search on 1979 tucker sno* shows one in the category
Health & Beauty / Exfoliators, Scrubs. It's located somewhere around Antelope Valley, 60 miles east of Los Angeles. That one looks like the best deal, only $2900. and lots of pictures. Ebay seller bluemary379, but for BuyItNow email to petreaba26@yahoo.com.

Then some guy in Madison West Virginia has two of them listed in Antiques / Chandeliers with a BuyItNow of $4000. Ebay seller vivv, for BuyItNow email to MFtrade@gmail.com. Only one photo is used for both auctions - one of the Los Angeles photos.

That's the same photo that ran with completed auction 320039370807 by a different guy who coincidentally is also in Madison, West Virginia. Also listed in Antiques / Chandeliers. That one got eleven bids and the winner got a good deal, only $1,175. How can they call this model 'rare' when there are three of them in one tiny town?

I just checked back before posting this and they have all disappeared. However the Google link to the completed auction is still good, even if ebay's search engine has dropped it. See
1979-TUCKER-4-5-PASSENGER-SNOWCAT-SNOW-CAT, ended 10/18/06

Bob and everybody, the way to take these auctions down is scroll down the auction to Report This Item and click on Outside Link. That informs ebay they will lose their sales commission. They take one look and step on it. They apparently ignore all the other choices.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the scammer is back on eBay. This time he has listed a Bombardier Bombi unit. And he listed it in several different auctions so you can buy it several times!!! He also has about 100 other items like bulldozers, tractors, boats and trailers for sall. All are offered at $27.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-BOMBARDIER-BOMBI-SNOWCAT_W0QQitemZ140079144713QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1269QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Recognize these photos? This Bombi sold on eBay several months ago. I must admit, it is a heck of a deal. Under $28. No Reserve. Worldwide shipping. :cool2:

Attachments

• 0b3e_1_b.JPG
    0b3e_1_b.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 504
  • 0c7d_1.JPG
    0c7d_1.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 509
  • 0d75_1.JPG
    0d75_1.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 505