• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
What are you on Cat, Keppra?

No thank God I'm off that Keppra. I'm on Lamictal & Trileptal.
Those are working okay except they make me sleepy. When I take them at bedtime they knock me out for 3 hours. Then I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Originally I was supposed to take the next dose in the morning. I told my neurologist that was no good because after I take it it knocks me out so I can't get anything done. He said that I could take it at 1 PM. That's not much longer so I cheat and take it around 2PM. Then that dose knocks me out for 3 hours. So I end up getting 6 hours sleep. Hey this is the southwest might as well take a siesta during the day.
Now as I write this it's close to 2AM. The afternoon dose has gone out of my system. I got my second wind and not doing that bad. I'm Sitting outside with an outside cat (long story about why she is outside) with a load of laundry in the dryer. Hmm that makes it sound like the cat is in the dryer with a load of clothes but she isn't, honest.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
watching my stillers, having drafts!!!!!!!.....
once babs is fed & i put myself into something black & gold--

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went for a drive to view the fall splendor. Beautiful. I think this is the week the colors here will peak.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Went for a drive to view the fall splendor. Beautiful. I think this is the week the colors here will peak.

We are at peak here in mid MO.

Awesome colors this year yes.

Next week the battle begins. I'm trading my rake in for a WORX Blower shredder system.:thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Fixed a small plumbing leak before it became a bigger problem. Just a 90 degree elbow that needed replacing. Shut the main water then drained the lines.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tried to nap because I worked 3rds last night.
Guess what?
It didn't much happen.
:hammer:
Hopefully that was my last time.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Soooo.. I am officially a night shift employee.
I'm getting used to the idea.
That nice differential helped lol
This weekend into Monday I'll be away with the girls, so if I'm off the board for a few days, I didn't die or anything lol

Can't wait!
:clap:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
First high school fencing tournament of the year is now history. One of the girls I help coach won the GOLD medal. I don't take credit for her skill, she's been fencing 7 years, so at best i'm just giving advice and helping with tactics at this point. Still it was great to have her take 1st place medal. It was nice that she asked me to be her strip coach, there is a paid coach that works with her, but I was the coach this student wanted at her side during her run for the tournament medal. She was undefeated the entire day.

This is a gold medal lunge. I didn't teach this. This comes from practice. That girl is 5'7" tall and that is a 2 meter lunge!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 8.25.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 8.25.18 PM.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 83

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats!!!!!
Kind of afraid to ask. But, I have to ... what does a strip coach do?

I worked on trails and tested all of our trails. All passable except one dead end one. First time in years they've all been passable. Very muddy but passable.

Also rounded up all my hoses (found out I had used 5 this year with watering a garden and a new grass seed spot plus two for general purpose). Fired up the compressor and blew the water out of all of them. They are now winterized. LOL

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Strip coach is the coach who is at the side of a fencing strip and gives specific advice before and after bouts, and, during the 'break' period of a direct elimination bout (d.e. bouts occur during the finals). We give some analysis of the opponent, especially if we know the style of that opponent. We give corrective advice to fix specific mistakes. We also give encouragement if the fencer is behind.

She had a private coach, who clearly was excellent (well above my skill level) that got her to a high skill level, she does not trust her current high school coach and her private coach is not currently available. I arranged for a new private coach for this girl and she seems to trust me even though I have only actually coached her a couple times. Her high school coach asked me to come and coach her at school. I will be coming to their school at least 1 time per week starting next week and have arranged more private lessons for her (this afternoon) with a nationally ranked coach who is a friend of mine. He is an international competitor and has represented the US in several European events.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent my last day with this lovely young women. She is my co-coach and has become a wonderful friend. She is (was) the head coach at our high school, the team she co-founded with my wife. She is dissolving the high school team at our school due to a lot of issues at the school (and I don't blame her one bit) we are both involved in helping other schools and at the same fencing club so I'll still be in regular contact with her, I just won't be her co-coach.

Oh, and my wife, and her boyfriend, do approve of our 'relationship' :thumbup:

And yes, I am the same age as her mom! So don't think the wrong thoughts!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 9.11.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 9.11.26 PM.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 63

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Strip coach is the coach who is at the side of a fencing strip and gives specific advice before and after bouts, and, during the 'break' period of a direct elimination bout (d.e. bouts occur during the finals). We give some analysis of the opponent, especially if we know the style of that opponent. We give corrective advice to fix specific mistakes. We also give encouragement if the fencer is behind.

She had a private coach, who clearly was excellent (well above my skill level) that got her to a high skill level, she does not trust her current high school coach and her private coach is not currently available. I arranged for a new private coach for this girl and she seems to trust me even though I have only actually coached her a couple times. Her high school coach asked me to come and coach her at school. I will be coming to their school at least 1 time per week starting next week and have arranged more private lessons for her (this afternoon) with a nationally ranked coach who is a friend of mine. He is an international competitor and has represented the US in several European events.
Awesome Bob. You do good work in lots of ways! :tiphat: Way to really make a difference. :thumb:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome Bob. You do good work in lots of ways! :tiphat: Way to really make a difference. :thumb:

Yes. GREAT WORK! :clap:

All this time he’s said he was fencing I thought he was setting posts and stringing barbed wire! :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. I thought the same.

I didn't do much. Spent an hour in the garage cleaning up till my legs gave out on me. Sent the boys out to clear leaves. I did go to play the 5pm service.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't do anything. I haven't done anything for two weeks. I've been feeling like crap. I caught the gunge that seems to go around every year and that I've caught every year except for last year when I became a hermit for 3 months. My wife has it too. We both sit around feeling sorry for ourselves. Not actually but this crap just drains you. Absolutely no energy what-so-ever. It better get gone soon, I'm tired of it. So much so, I may have to go to the doctor. :smile:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't do anything. I haven't done anything for two weeks. I've been feeling like crap. I caught the gunge that seems to go around every year and that I've caught every year except for last year when I became a hermit for 3 months. My wife has it too. We both sit around feeling sorry for ourselves. Not actually but this crap just drains you. Absolutely no energy what-so-ever. It better get gone soon, I'm tired of it. So much so, I may have to go to the doctor. :smile:

Hope you and your wife feel better soon.

Jim

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That was just what I needed!
Time ALONE with my son and the girls, for 3 days.
He worked some on the weekend, but came right back.
It was nice to be able to cook for them, play with them, bathe them and do everything I used to do because I chose to be there on my terms, as their Nana.
The stampede of 2 when I walked in the door was glorious.
They didn't know I was coming.
Surprise!
I worked last night, still tired from all the excitement. Lol
Been running around getting stuff done this morning.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Pouring rain. Cold and damp. Managed to get one side of my truck tires rotated before the rain started. Sitting by the pellet fire, just finished a few fig newtons and thinking very seriously about a nap. :yum::clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I finally sat down for the first time today other than driving. Went to physio then took a drive out to camp to bring out the side by side and flat deck trailer. And tarp up the outdoor kitchen. I shouldn't have to go out there again until spring.
4874b645decd6cbee3ed2bb8493d01b3.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I just remembered to put the trash down in the dumpster an hour ago... in this crazy wind .. in my pjs.
Between being with the kids, then getting back here to nap and work, then Vote! I feel like I've been on the crazy edge of Planet Looney.
I'll come back down to earth tomorrow.
I think.
Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took one of the kids for a tooth extraction. And because he needs sedatives for any dental work, he's home for the day. So I went to work on my campfire blanket for scouts.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Got the stove fired up ,and the coffee is on . About 8 a.m. , I’m going to stop n at the Friday morning hunter’s ,fisherman’s and tall tale teller’s club . After that , I have some chains to un- modify ... trees on old farm fence lines do not contain 100% wood fiber ... some have a surprising amount of metal ,and stone in them .
At any rate , hope you all have an excellent day !

rugerman

I’m in the hospital, today they are going to shove a tube down my throat and take a look at my heart from the back side, sounds like fun.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Keep your chin up Dave,
sounds like it has to get better and it will. You sure got well wishes from Texas. Just for good luck I am gonna shoot my Ruger rifle and pistol for you today. Hang in there and look forward never backwards. Have a goodun my friend!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.