• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Had breakfast at the diner then took a ride over to Harbor Freight and picked up a 79 dollar cordless hammer drill. Need to set some tap cons in masonry and my old trusty Milwaukee quit hammering, thank you very much. :yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
High school fencing season starts today with our first practice of the season.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Had breakfast at the diner then took a ride over to Harbor Freight and picked up a 79 dollar cordless hammer drill. Need to set some tap cons in masonry and my old trusty Milwaukee quit hammering, thank you very much. :yum:
We are cleaning out my Dad's basement last nite and I found one of those for FREE!!!

Great price, no?

I also discovered last nite, why there is sometimes TP on the floor at home. Seems whenever the new puppy has an accident, she knows we are gonna get some TP to clean it up. So, she does it. From the bathroom all 30 feet to the dining room.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Man I walked all the way across town to Veteran's Park.
Fantastic view of the river.
Very pretty.

Came back home and ordered a pulled pork pizza for Aimee and I from Tano's, which was awesome.
She's sacked out in bed watching a movie called The Grocer's Son.
She made me add it to my list on Pluto, saying "Mom! you need to add this on your list.
It's a great movie".
So I did.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I was really tired from yesterday (bus trip) so fell asleep around 9:30 PM. I woke up around 2:30 this morning took my bedtime epilepsy pills (late). Those usually knock me out, but I couldn't sleep, so decided I might as well get up and do house work. I switched around litter boxes (long story). Then did two loads of laundry, took out some trash, (ate breakfast, and took a shower sometime along the way).

Vacuumed. (Only had one petite-Mal seizure.)
Ate lunch around 9:00 am, then mopped.

By that time it was time to take day set of epilepsy pills. Finally got some more sleep. Woke around 3 PM checked mail. Once more (happens a lot). I got mail from the next street over. Delivered it then took a little walk just around the block, (even though it was over 100). Came back ate a prefab type chimichanga/burrito, then got online. And here I am.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Awww Cat, that's quite a time you had dear.

I'm beat!
Great day at work though.:smile:
You all have a great night.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Currently enjoying a cup of coffee ,and a small fire in the wood stove .
Once my bones get warmed up a bit ,t’s off to the woodlot to butcher some oak that needs to be noodled .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Once again into the dark evil world that was my dad's basement.

Wet, moldy, and laden with nasty.

We have company records from 30 years ago plus tons of cardboard and cheap wood chips shelving. I've has a fire going for two days straight.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning Church

Vacuumed the pool

Went for a ride on the motorcycles with the lovely Mrs_Bob. About 45 miles, to get a hot dog and soda at a laundry mat/soda fountain in a cute town to the north of us. Nice ride, warm sunny weather.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Never did go grocery shopping.
Aimee went to her parents for Sunday dinner, and Scrabble. I'd have gone but I don't get along with her brother Irvin, never did! Lol

I stayed here and made myself a BLT and chowdah.

Then I took another walk.
This is off the end of the main street.
It's blocked beyond where I stood too.
I've always thought the courthouse here was identical to the one in New Haven, Indiana.
They are doing major street renovations.

The second pic is a shot of St. Auggie's.
Foreground is what used to be a greenhouse/nursery. Brick building is an attorney's office.

20180930_185514-768x768.jpg

20180930_191932-662x752.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
To get downtown is easier to walk.
To drive anywhere (like work) entails all around the mulberry bush. :hammer:
That's progress in Napoleon,Ohio.
Almost feels like being back in Delphos again.
Nice little town, better than Defiance.
.. and it's home now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a long a$$ day after a looooong a$$ cold weekend. Let's see. Temperatures hovered around the freezing mark at night. Sleeping in tents out in the woods. Up half the night because of the nerve damage from my leg causing a severe pain and freezing in my foot

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a long a$$ day after a looooong a$$ cold weekend. Let's see. Temperatures hovered around the freezing mark at night. Sleeping in tents out in the woods. Up half the night because of the nerve damage from my leg causing a severe pain and freezing in my foot
Forgot to mention that after being up half the night sleeping in a tent in freezing temperatures in the pouring rain, I gathered the 4 kids that were at the scout meeting with me and headed home to unpack and clean up. Then I packed quickly with my beautiful wife and headed to Duluth Minnesota for what was supposed to be an Alabama concert. Unfortunately the concert was canceled earlier this week and rescheduled. We still came for the night just to get away as we had everything planned for the kids already. Plus, it's my wife's 40th birthday.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Forgot to mention that after being up half the night sleeping in a tent in freezing temperatures in the pouring rain, I gathered the 4 kids that were at the scout meeting with me and headed home to unpack and clean up. Then I packed quickly with my beautiful wife and headed to Duluth Minnesota for what was supposed to be an Alabama concert. Unfortunately the concert was canceled earlier this week and rescheduled. We still came for the night just to get away as we had everything planned for the kids already. Plus, it's my wife's 40th birthday.

Tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Today I'm going to the fitness center to walk my 3 miles and flirt with a lady I've been on a few dates with, then have breakfast with my niece while my car is getting service.

Later I'm going to a DAV meeting where a young lady I've been coaxing to go is finally going to show up and I'm having her talk with another young lady about putting in for the Military compensation she deserves and then to a meeting at the Council Bluffs Rifle & Pistol Club.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I spent most of yesterday trying to get my head around why my youngest son is now alone in that big beautiful house without his daughters.
She left him and took them away.
Why, I don't exactly know.
So yeah.
Happy freaking day.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
As long as the grandbabies are safe.....Document Everything!!

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Busy morning doing employee evaluations and plans for end of year raises.

Although we had given healthy raises earlier this season we thought it time to do so again at the end of the year.

After meeting with THE BOSS we did all the reviews and recommended changes which will amount to at least 10% on every employee., she decided not to wait until after Christmas. They could use the money NOW so the raises will go into effect this week.

Thank you President Trump.

As for me, My salary remains the pitiful same. But she promised the fringe benefits would increase.:unsure:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Well , one of the local farmers called this morning . Has a large oak down in one of his pastures . So, I already know what my plans are for today .

Status
Not open for further replies.