• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

officer accidentally sprayed burning man with pepper spray

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pepper spray is clearly marked!
How the hell could she mistake it for a fire extinguisher?
The video says they were marked in her trunk when she retrieved them.
As far as I know, cops carry small holster types (or they should) however she may have had a larger container in the trunk of the car.. but still.. it's hard to believe the two could be confused.

Treefriend

Banned
Don't worry about it, that's just how we handle people who light themselves

on fire around here.

Most of us keep a few gallons of jalapeño juice on hand for those sorts of things.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
OUCH! that pepper spray must have hurt!!

Oh wait// he was on fire.

Lia

Banned
""The pepper spray was water-based, not oil-based, and nonflammable. Kim Kosmas of the Fire Bureau said the spray "didn't have any additional reaction with him already being on fire.""

Maybe not, but it didn't have the effect that a fire extinquisher might have had, to save the guy... tho I doubt he could have been saved at that stage.

But, I can understand that she might have panicked, even if she didn't give any outer sign of being under stress. Confronted by a human being on fire must have been a horrific sight to behold, and being a police officer doesn't mean that one can't be shocked into immobility, or confusion.

I read somewhere once, that 'witches' burnt at the stake in medieval times would bleed copiously whilst burning.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Kind of makes you wonder why cops in Portland are driving around with fire extinguisher sized canisters of pepper spray.

Lia

Banned
Kind of makes you wonder why cops in Portland are driving around with fire extinguisher sized canisters of pepper spray.

When the officer went to get a fire extinguisher out of the trunk of her patrol car, she accidentally grabbed a large can of pepper spray used in riot control.

Yes, it does, doesn't it? it's worrying that they have these things, oh, I dunno, just sitting around in the trunks of their cars? hmmm... I mean, how often does a cop come across a riot?

RedRocker

I've never had a cop spray me with pepper spray, then again I've
never set myself on fire, with gasoline anyway, I did a few times
welding.

Treefriend

Banned
I've never had a cop spray me with pepper spray, then again I've
never set myself on fire, with gasoline anyway, I did a few times
welding.

Rare agreement.

Some guy sets himself on fire, intent on suicide, and we are supposed to care?

Sorry folks, I'm not a hay-tuh, but I don't waste sympathy on suicides.